CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE: SURPRISE

PERFECT
TWENTY FIVE- SURPRISE
"OH.I KNOW THEY'RE BETTER THAN YOU, SHAWN."

A PAIR OF BROWN eyes that fans around the world fell in love with, were trailing over a particular strawberry blonde. The brunette sat on the edge of Lauren's bed, letting his eyes flicker over the prominently good looking body in front of him, as she was setting up her guitar.

Lauren sat down at her desk, logging onto her MacBook. It was when she went looking for the guitar tuner she'd left there, that she noticed Shawn's lyric journal on the desk still. Shawn's phone went off, and he looked down at it. Finding a message from Andrew, he quickly replied to it.

ANDREW: Hey kid, how's Aus?

SHAWN: It's been good actually. I met Lauren's family. Her siblings are so cute. We made muffins and pancakes. I even had a bath with the youngest, Athena. She's cute. Zeus and I had a running race the other day, and I let him win. He made me carry him on his shoulders into the house. It's been pretty good.

Lauren glanced up at the brunette sitting on his bed, noticing him typing away on his phone quietly. She was really curious as to what was in the journal. Maybe old lyrics? Lyrics nobody has heard? Lyrics written about someone he knew? Or lyrics written about something that had happened to him.

She opened the journal quickly, skimming over the lines pages just to get a quickly glance. She recognised lyrics from his first songs released on Handwritten, to songs that were released on Illuminate. The last page is what caught her eye.

Shawn's scribbly but neat handwriting covering a few lines at the top of the page. Lauren couldn't help but notice the unfinished lyrics, and had to skim over them.

I wanna follow where she goes,
I think about her and she-. Two words were scribbled out, but she could read them with ease. It had been, I think about her and she hates it, but was replaced with, I think about her and she knows it, which sounded so much better. The last two lines were; I wanna let her take control, Cause every time that she gets close, yeah.

A small smile tugged at her lips. The starting lyrics were interesting, and it sounded like the song would become a great single if it was finished, and if he ever released it. She then quickly grabbed her pen, suddenly getting an idea. She wrote down the entire tab - for the song she made that was yet to have lyrics - on a random page, signing it with; use this tab for the next song you release. I'm sure it'll fit with whatever you come up with - Laur x.

ANDREW: That's good news. What about her parents?

SHAWN: Her dad's pretty cool. We get along really well.

ANDREW: That's good. What about her mum?

SHAWN: We haven't met yet. She's not here for some reason. She left without telling anyone where she was going.

ANDREW: Well. If her siblings and dad get along with you, then her mother should too.

SHAWN: Yeah, I hope so.

ANDREW: Well, I better go. I'll see you when you get back. Have fun.

SHAWN: Bye Andrew!

Lauren placed her pen down, and picked up her guitar, pretending to knock the book onto the ground. The sound of the book clanging against the ground catch Shawn's attention, and Lauren picked it up.