Chapter 1

A droplet of rain fell onto my nose, which made me look up from my phone. Luckily, we were moving further up the ever growing queue quite quickly now, so I wasn't too bothered about it. I'd always liked the rain. I scrolled up and down my twitter mentions and facebook messages reading all of the "good luck's" people had been saying, replying to as many as I could, which was proving almost impossible due to how much I was shaking- I'd never been so nervous in my whole entire life. To go on the X factor was the only I'd ever really wanted, I wanted so badly. "I can't believe I've been stood in this queue for 9 hours..." I thought to myself, as I yawned a little- early mornings had never been my thing.

I looked around; everyone was so beautiful and unique. I was just normal, normal as can be. There were times when I doubted myself, I nearly didn't come to the audition but so many people said I should, I thought that maybe it'd be worth a try- I wasn't bothered about winning. Of course it would be amazing to win, but I just wanted to hear from someone who knows what they are talking about if I could sing or not.

After waiting for what seemed like forever, my name and number were called out. "Oh god..." I muttered under my breath as I stood up from my chair and walked unsteadily in the direction I was being told to go in. I giggled when a lady said "Just head in that direction sweetie." because of the fact she had mentioned "direction" which reminded me of One Direction- the five boys I loved more than anything.

Before I knew it, I was just about ready to go onstage, chatting to Dermot with my mum. That conversation is pretty much a blur. I steadily walked to the stage, trying not to fall over- now that would have been embarrassing. I tried to remain as calm as possible as I stood on the cross in the very centre of the stage. Numerous thoughts flew around my head and I really didn't know where to look.

"Hello, what's your name?" said Simon enthusiastically.

"Ava..." I replied timidly.

"And how old are you and where are you from?" Louis asked.

"I'm 16 and I'm from Newcastle!"

"And what musicians/bands do you like?" Simon added.

"Urm, mainly One Direction..." I said with a smile.

"I thought you were gonna say that... Anyway, whenever you're ready." said Uncle Simon as a cheeky smile beamed across his face.