Chapter 22- Just Friends

Jessica's POV

The movie finished, but me and Tyler stayed like this for a while. He was playing with my fingers, his other hand around my waist, holding me tight against him.

"Cherry?" I look up at him,

"Yes?"

He looks intensely into my eyes, making me feel weak in my knees, "nothing." He said before planting a kiss on my temple and then standing up. I stood up after him, dropping his jacket on the floor.

He bent down to pick it up, and as he did so, he kissed my thigh, sending shivers or delight down my spine. He stands tall next to me, staring into my eyes, smiling before taking my hand in his and walking out.

We waited for Bella and Austin, still hand in hand, standing too close to each other. I looked at him to see the same smile as mine dancing on his lips.

We saw Austin and Bella walk out, fingers intertwined. Austin smirked when he looked at us and then down at our hands. "What're you two smiling like that for?" Bella asks, making Austin nudge her and point to the direction of our hands.

She looks up at me and smirks, "what happened inside?"

"Nothing," I answered as the my cheeks heated up.

"Why're you two holding hands?" Austin asks next,

"Friends can't hold hands or what? We're just friends." Tyler replied,

"'Nothing', she said" Austin said,

"'We're just friends' he said" Bella chimes in after him, both wearing the same smug smirks on their faces.

"So what? You're gonna tell me that friends can't do this either?" Tyler said and kissed my cheek, making me more red than I already was,

"Or this?" He kissed the back of my hand, making me even more red.

"Awwwwwwwwww!" Bella gushed, gaining everyone's attention, "sorry!"

*******

We all reached home with bags in our hands at 8. "Ready for the barbecue guys?" Austin asks as he held Bella really close to him.

"Yup," I said,

"Yes," Tyler replied,

"Absolutely!" Bella exclaimed,

"Get your swim suits on guys, and get ready for some grilling!" Austin announced and we all cheered.

Me and Bella went up to my room and got ready our bikinis on. She wore a tropical high waisted bikini, while I wore a strapless black bikini. We both walked downstairs and into the backyard, where both the boys were already in their swim trunks.

Austin's eyes widened and he rushed towards Bella, "shit baby you look hot!" He exclaimed while sending kisses down her neck, making her giggle.

Tyler walked towards me and took a sharp intake of breath. He leaned in next to my ear and whispered, "you look... sexy!" Before kissing the area behind my ear which made a made a small sigh escape my lips. He looked at me and his eyebrows shot up in surprise, but was quickly replaced by his sly smirk.

Tyler slipped his hand in mine, ran towards the pool and jumped, pulling me in with him. I shot right up at the surface of the water, gasping for air. Tyler came up and looked at me, smiling, making me smile in return.

"So Cher, how was your day today?" He asks, shortening the word 'cherry'.

"Why thank you for Ty, it has surprisingly been great, and I haven't been in trouble. That's a positive." I said and beamed with joy,

"Thank you for the nickname my lady," He said and bowed in the water, making me chuckle.

"Wow you guys already jumped in. Who'll make the grilled chicken now huh?" Austin asks as he fixes the grill with Bella by his hide. He leaned in a said something in her ear, making her giggle.

Tyler jumps out of the pool, "Cherry," I look up at him standing on the edge of the pool, holding his hand out to me, which I gladly take. He pulls me out too hard, it made him lose his balance and fall flat on his back with me on top of him.

One of his hand was on my back, and the other on my cheek, slowly caressing it. He pulled me so that there was no more space in between us. He pulled my face closer to his, looked me deep into the eye. The corner of his mouth lifted in a small smirk.

He lifter his head a bit and placed a peck on the corner of my mouth. My eyes widened in surprise as he chuckled. "Oh come on love birds, get up from that position and come help us." Bella said with amusement in her voice, which I rolled my eyes to.

He leaned in closer to my ear and said, "you know, I really like the position we're in right now." He said, making me blush furiously.

I stood up and he jumped back on his feet. He walks to the grill and pulls me with him, "Cher, help me grill some steak and some chicken," He said and I did as he said,

I was watching Austin and Bella swim, not concentrating on the grill when I accidentally burned my finger, "fuck!" I shout as I put the finger in my mouth,

Tyler pulled my finger from my mouth, "gosh Cher, why weren't you looking?" He says as he examined my red finger, a look of worry covering his face.

"Come with me," He said and led me into the kitchen, not caring about the grilling steak and the chicken.

He fished for some ice in the fridge and placed right on my finger once he found one. I hissed because of the cold feeling on my finger. "Take care the next time Cher, I don't want you hurting yourself, ok?" He asks, caressing my cheek,

I nod, a smile playing on my lips.

*******

Exams are killing me you guys! Ughhh!

Quote:"Open books, not legs. Blow minds, not guys."
- Drake

Preach ^