Letters to Nathan

Chapter 1

The day he left

Nathan was ready to leave to go to the military , but his family was not. Everyone was worried about his safety during the long months without seeing him. However, after a while it was time for him to go. "I will be back soon! Don't worry, everything is going to be alright!" Said Nathan. We all cried and wanted to make sure everything WAS going to be ok. My family all said a prayer for his safety. "God watch over him" said my grandparents and parents.

Chapter 2

The first day

We were devastated that he left. Billy was still crying at school because he missed his brother. But today was Mother's Day and we wanted to make it special for mom. It just wasn't the same anymore without Nathan helping me pick out the best gift for mom. My sister Jessica's gift was the specialist gift someone could ever give to a mother who has her son in the military. Her gift was a video chat with Nathan. She called Nathan and he said it was a great idea. Right when mom woke up we made her a nice breakfast and yelled, l "Happy Mother's Day Mom!" We all said at once. "Here is my gift" I said. As we all gave our gifts and we saved the best for last...Jessica's gift. "Hey mom can you please come to the living room!" Asked Jessica. "Mom here this is my gift." Said Jessica. *gives iPad to mom* "it's Nathan!" Excitedly said mom. Mom and Nathan were talking for hours. When mom got off the video chat with Nathan, she came up to all of us and said, " thank you so much! This family might be missing our oldest son, but at least I have a family that still cares about one another." Sadly (in a good way) said mom. I think my sister Jessica made this day for mom that more special.

Chapter 3

One month later

It's been a while since my brother has been home. I have really missed him. It's been really tough for me from the past month. I used to have Nathan help me with my homework and be would always play with me. I mean my parents help me with my homework sometimes but no one plays with me. Billy plays with our new neighbor Zachary. Morgan plays with her best friend from school, Riley. Finally, Jessica talks to Emily, her best friend since 1st grade. My best friend, Katelynn is away at Disney World for three months and I have no one my age that lives next to me. It sucks! I do have a lot of my friends that live close to me but the days they are free I have lacrosse practice. But finally, tomorrow I am going over to my friends house, Hannah. When I have homework I need help with sometimes my parents are way to busy to ask them. They are either working or keeping up with my obnoxious older sister and younger brother and sister. They are always bugging her for stuff. I think I am the only normal one here. Ever since yesterday I decided to write letters to Nathan. I wanted to know how the military life was going for him. I know that it was tough for having a military member in your family because you barely get to see them. I had so many questions to ask him that is filled up three whole pages. I just really missed him. "Jennifer! Jennifer! Jennifer! It's time for you to go over Hannah's house! Are you ready?" my mom asked me. "Coming mom!" I said. While I was at Hannah's house she asked me, " how is it going with you not seeing your brother for a while?" I responded, " Well it's been almost two months and I really miss him!" Hannah felt bad for me. Her dad is the military too. Hannah and I were having so much fun together! We played and talked for a while! It was so much fun! I was at Hannah's house for four hours. Hannah and I became best friends. having that much fun made me forget about having nobody to play with me and it made me keep my mind off of not seeing Nathan for a while.

Chapter 4

Four months later

It has been four months already and I have sorta gotten used to not seeing my brother, but I still missed up. For already four months I have been writing to Nathan. I keep all of his letters he gives to me in a little drawer. When I get sad or I have a really bad day, I read his letters. I just don't know how long till he comes back. I miss him! Ever since Nathan has been in the military I have been checking the mail right after the is drops me off from school. I searched through all of the mail and there it was ... a letter from Nathan. As I was reading it I jumped with excitement! I couldn't wait till mom and, dad got home from work! *door opens* "were home!" said mom and dad. I ran downstairs with the letter in my hand! "I am so happy your home! I have some BIG news!!!!!" I said. I got a letter from Nathan. "What does it say?!?" Questioned mom and dad.

Dear Mom, Dad, Jennifer, Jessica, Billy, and Morgan,

Thank you for all of your letters you have been giving me. I have been informed me that my training session is almost over. I am coming over in just 2 months! Hope too see you all soon!

Love always,

Nathan

"Yay!!!!!! I can't believe he is coming home so soon! let's start planning a surprise party for him!" said mom. this has be perfect. I was so excited for Nathan to come home! I couldn't wait for him to come home! "Jennifer! Morgan! Billy! Jessica! Billy, Morgan, Jessica! The bus is here!" Yelled mom. Today was a big day! Today I had finals at school. " Class please clear you desk and get out a #2 pencil." said the teacher. I was so nervous! "Good Luck!" said Hannah.

Chapter 6

The day Nathan tries to come home

" No, no, no! We can't tell Jennifer! It will make her so sad! Tomorrow he is SUPPOSED to be home and he won't!

Worriedly said dad. "Wait you don't want to tell me WHAT! I loudly said. "Tell her." dad told mom. " Sweetie, Nathan is not coming home tomorrow.

He got called to go to the actual military. He won't be coming home till next year and 7 months." as both my parents began to cry. "This can't be real! Why can't he come home?" I begun to cry. " it's only if he takes the choice. He can wait or go now." dad said. I really hoped he just came home. This was the worst news I have ever heard in a while! What would happen if he didn't come home tomorrow? What would happen to me?

Chapter 6

The second letter

Today at school was so miserable. Everyone seemed happy but me. I had even more bad news on top of the news with Nathan. Since Katelynn came back from her "magical" trip to Disney trip she made new "best friends" and here this, she went up to me and said " I don't want to be friends with you anymore!" yelled katelynn. I didn't even talk to her and she started yelling at me. On instinct I yelled back saying, "I didn't even talk to you! For your information I have been having the worst 6 1/2 months! Nathan went to the military for your information! And at the beginning of the month he was supposed to come home and he decided to keep training! Now all of a sudden you come up to me while I am feeling sad, yelled at me! Some friend you are!" Katelynn felt really bad and tried to say sorry and wanted to be my friend again and I said " I am not just taking a apology!" While I stormed off angrily. Thank god Hannah still wants to be my friend! *opens door while parents greet her* "we have so great news!" said dad. "I am not in the mood to hear good news, I am upset as it is." I said. "it's about Nathan!" What is it! I eagerly said. " He is coming home tomorrow!" eagerly said mom and dad. "yayayayayayayaya!!!!!!!!!!" I said jumping up and down! I couldn't wait!

Chapter 7

The day he came home *finally*

We all were ready for his arrival!

"Everyone he is coming! Hide!" secretly said Morgan! 1...2...3 "SURPRISE!!!!!!!" we all said! I ran to Nathan hugging him like I haven't seen him in 15 years! he was safe and that's all that I cared! Nathan was home.

The End

I hope everyone loved this story. It was a touching and sad story. I hoped everyone enjoyed this story as much as I did.

Thank you

Jill_soccer710