Ten Seconds a Moment (One Shot)

🌸🌸🌸

"Look! There he is!" my little brother jumped up and down in front of the television when a certain person came out.

"Luis, stop jumping, you just ate." I told him.

"Well, isn't he really handsome? Rose, Lucas is getting handsome everytime i see him!" my mom joined in the conversation.

"Thank you, Marie." Rose gave mom a soft smile as she turned to the television again.

Lucas is my childhood friend who joined a band and debuted last year. In a span of six months, they have been hitting the charts and has been invited to various shows.

"Oh, there he is again! It's Luke, it's Luke!" my brother joyfully jumped again. "Look, Dana, it's Luke!"

I paused eating dinner and looked at the TV screen.

One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight. And then the screen focused on the other member. I saw you again in a longest short period of time. When can I get to see you again longer than ten seconds without avoiding my gaze?

--

The next day, I fixed myself to get ready for school. When Lucas is still living next door, I always get to wake him up to get ready for school. We have been best friends ever since we're in our diapers. Now, I have too much spare time before I go to school, without waking someone up anymore. The time seems to be getting longer without Lucas.

Today is the start of senior year high school. New term without Lucas. I wonder if he's getting tutorials, that brat should be studying.

When I arrived in my classroom, Lucas's band "Mic Drop"  is the talk of every girls.

"Hey, have you watched their live show last night?" said one of my classmate.

"Of course! We should support Lucas, right? Since he's our classmate." Replied the other one with a giggle.

Ever since Lucas left, I talked to no one anymore. Considering Lucas is the only person who knows how to deal with my introvert personality. We're complete opposite but he still know how to handle me.

"Hi, Dana! You're friends with Lucas, right?" one of my girl classmate asked.

"Y-Yes." Struggling to look at them, I managed to reply.

"Great! Then you sure are getting free ticket to his shows?" her eyes glittered.

"No...No, I don't." it's true though. When Lucas left, he took everything with him and cut all communications.

"You mean, he doesn't give you free passes?" the boy beside her jumped in the conversation. "Wow, that's rude. He just became popular and now he's forgetting people who used to be his friends." he laughed and followed by his friends. My heart beats faster that I want to speak up my mind. Lucas is nothing like what they said!

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. "E-Excuse me! Lucas is—"

"I'm what?"

We all followed the voice and I saw a familiar figure, standing at the door, wearing the same school uniform as ours, backpack on his back and hands in his pocket. He leaned on the door, waiting for us to reply. I saw my classmates' complexions went white with the sudden turn of events.