You only live once

You only live once is a term commonly used, is it not? Well it isn't true at all. I have lived twice, or at least I have only remembered two of my past lives. I can tell you very little information from my current past life, and then about the one I am living now.

In my past life I was born a princess of an unfamiliar kingdom. I was raised single handily by my mother, my father had died of unknown causes right before I was born. Growing up the way my mother had, only without the fatherly figure. Like my mother, I too fell in love at a young age unexpectedly... and unlike my mother I had died soon after the fall. 

There are documents leading back to the princess's death. How she grew up, how she met him, and how brief their love was and how it had ended due to the fact they were both killed during a kingdom raid.

They say that when you fall in love, and die while in love; you're soul mates. If this is true, then that would explain why it feels like  we've known each other forever. 

My name is Salem. I grew up in a small remote town, thinking that I would never meet someone I would actually want to be in a relationship in. I thought almost all guys my age were immature, but then I met him. 

His name was Corvus, his parents moved around a lot, and luckily his father had to move here for his job. Corvus and I grew close quickly, and he became one of my most favorite people ever... but then I remembered the curse that was put on the princess.