Chapter 17

Sorry about this short chapter guys... Oh wellz just plz don't be mean about it

>>------> X <------<<

"What's she doing here?" I whispered to Peeta. He just looked at me sadly. "Is she... Staying here?" he nodded as he continued to look at me that way. "Why?"

"You do know I can hear you guys whispering about me, right?" her voice sounded so heartbroken. What was going on? "Peeta, is this the lady from the community home? I can go get your father, he has all the papers --"

"Community home?" I snapped out without thinking.

"No? Who are you then?" I could feel her eyes on my back as I slowly turned to face her.

"Prim, why would they send you to the community home?" but just as I was expecting, she ignored my question and shrieked, runnng forward to hug me as tightly as he skinny arms would allow.

"It's mom," I released her and looked into her eyes. "But you have to tell me what's going on first." I sighed.

"It's a long story."she turned around and locked the door. Then she took my hands, led me to Peeta's bed, and sat down with me.

"I'm a good listener. Now please, what's going on?" I could hear the pleading in her voice, see the tears in her eyes. She sat there, watching me die, and now I felt completely awful about not wanting to tell her.

Where could I even start? I decided on one word that seemed best. "Chokeberries."

I told her everything. Explained it all. Every last detail. After quite a while of talking, nodding, crying, and hugging, I asked her once more. "What's happened to mom?"

A tear streaked Prim's already red cheek, as she whispered, "Katniss, mom is dead."

I froze. Me and my mother had never been very close, but... She was still my mother, and I loved her. Prim began to cry, which made me cry, and I hugged her. I squeezed my eyes close to block out the blurry vision of my salty tears.

My mother had killed herself. Because of me. All because of me...

>>------> X <------<<

There was a loud pounding from the door and a gruffy voice. "Peeta, Prim, what's going on in there? We need you downstairs!" Prim and Peeta looked to me.

I kissed Prim on the forehead and held her tightly. "I love you. I'll be back, I promise." I said to her, pulling up my hood and throwing on the dark sunglasses once more.

Then I walked up to Peeta. I held his face in my hands and kissed phim. "I love you, too."

I was out the window and walking down the streets once more. As I made it to the fence, I wondered. Even when I do come back, what then? What will happen?

If only I'd had the chance to come back.

>>------> X <------<<

END OF BOOK ONE. BOOK TWO IS NOW OUT!!!

Mockingjay: What if Katniss had Really Gotten Pregnant?

Hope I surprised you with that :)