Chapter 2 Unluckiest Day

Sliding inside Steve's car, I felt like changing my mind. I felt like I'd rather stay home and maybe watch some movies and slack off like I always do or think about things. Think about mom.

I sighed and shut the door of the car and Steve turned the engine on and drive to where that company gathering venue.

"I'm really glad you changed your mind." Steve said.

"Yeah. I just feel like going." I said and he nodded.

The radio was the only sound existed the rest of the drive until Steve turned to a private road and I could already see the famous huge five star hotel in the area.

The outdoor parking area was already filled with cars so Steve went inside the ground floor to park his car.

I turned my head at the window when another car parked just beside Steve's. A sweet BMW but what should I expect. People who came inside that place were rich, expect for me.

I went out from the car and shut it close just when the driver of the BMW went out and I was surprised to see a girl. Well, more like of my age and at the passenger seat, I think it was her mother who came out.

The beautiful girl smiled at me and I could say that she has another blood mixed inside her. She has this European beauty. I smiled back at her and watched them walked to the elevators.

"We're still in the parking lot and you've got to flirt with a beautiful lady already." Steve said making me chuckle.

"Aww, you're jealous?" I joked and he laughed.

"I'm not jealous."

"You can have the mother, you know."

Steve just shook his head and he placed his arm around the back of my shoulders as we walked to the elevator. "You should be careful with girls." He said making me frown. Did he had a tragic experience before?

"And I want you to act nicely." He said.

"I am always nice." I said and he looked at me then sighed. He was acting like I was hopeless making me chuckle.

We went inside the other elevator since the other one just went up with the women. They didn't even waited for us. Tsk. Steve pressed the last number of the buttons, 40.

"Is the owner of this hotel, your boss?" I asked and Steve nodded his head.

He must be so rich, of course, he owned a huge company! I bet he got a huge belly for enjoying his riches. Just sitting and drinking all the wines and alcohols he could afford, attend social parties and womanizing.

Damn it.

I knew I have issues with rich people. I just couldn't help but thought about how life was so unfair. They who have a lot of money just wasted it over nothing when a lot of people were desperately in need of those money.

My thoughts were cut when the elevator stopped and when someone went inside, closed and climb up again. We had a few stops to a different floors and it took us a few minutes before we arrived at the fortieth floor.

I followed Steve as we walked to a hallway, a luxurious hallway and I could tell that those paintings of different sizes were originals and originals were expensive as fvck. I was looking at the artworks that I almost bumped at Steve when he suddenly stopped on his tracks.

"Shit." I muttered, we were already at the end of the hallway which was a huge double doors and Steve pushed the right door open and a ballad music just went out of the door and seeing those people inside made me wish that I shouldn't have changed my mind and went with Steve.