Chapter 54: "You're Too Young For Boys"

Why. Why, I ask.

     Does anyone answer?

     Nope, just the echo of my voice inside my Japanese house, as I lounge on the couch I had touched about twice in my life.

     The first thing I ever touched it with was my cheek, when my head bounced on it and knocked me out from my "stepfather's" fist. The second was when my "mother" made me clean, but found the job I did untidy and decided to flip me over the couch.

     I was unconscious again because my head happened to land on the coffee table. In the seven years I had been alive then, that was the fifth time I'd been in the hospital.

     Now, I was just complaining to Takuya and myself, Kaya. Kairea, actually.

     "You heard what he said?!" I fumed. "I can't believe-!"

     "We heard it, Kairea. We hear the same things you do," Kairea answered me.

     "But Kairea," I said back to myself, the sliver of my soul, "it's just...agh! I can't believe it!"

     Takuya, who was resting against the counter, sighed. "You've said that about twenty thousand times in the last hour, I think you've worn those words out way too much."

     "'You're too young for boys,' he says. Obviously! Wrong time, Father! Seriously, Anthem was blushing to the highest heavens possible! And I hate the heavens!"

     "We know. Also, it's been a long time since he said it, so I don't know why we are still on this topic," Kairea shook her head.

     Noticing I was tiring them out since I'd been in here for an hour now, thirty minutes outside because of the time difference, I stood up.

     "I'll just go then. Still got things to do," I made an excuse that was easily seen through since what I thought, they could always hear.

     "You do that," Takuya nodded fearfully, rubbing his ears. "We'll stay right here."

    "Okay then, see you," I exited and crossed the lawn, shutting the gate again and heading over to the field of wheat.

     From there, I exited my mind and was back in my room. My apparatus was lain down, and then I opened my eyes back in the physical world.

"Sissy, wake up," Adri was shaking my arm.

     "Okay," I told him, rising and yawning from the supposed nap I had. We were currently in a carriage, heading back to Koraco many days after I came home. Almost a week.

     The reason we were on a carriage was because we left our grandparents' home a few days ago. Anthem and Chord were with us here, as was Thérèse since they didn't fully trust Anthem yet.

     Mother and Father were on another carriage with all the luggage.

     I had just taken a "nap" to go and complain to someone who cared. Complain about something normal people would find odd for a one and a half year old.

      I was complaining because of what Father had said when Anthem first walked through the door, when I was going to introduce them: "You're too young for boys, Firea."

     I just looked at him like he lost his marbles and then walked on out.

     "Your Father was never really good at jokes," Thérèse told me later.

     "I can see why," I answered tiredly while rolling my eyes.

     Right now we are in another forest, something completely different from Basusda, Larjulias, and any other place I've been. It was calm, quiet, the type of place you expected to be almost completely safe in.