Rock Star of my Dreams

When the concert ended, Emily had to drag me to the car. "Come on." She kept muttering. "Your parents are going to get worried if we're much longer."

Then my phone went off. "OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD." I looked at Emily. "It's him.”

Her eyes widened and she looked down at my phone. “ ‘It was really great meeting you tonight. Maybe we should hang out? The band and I are going out partying. Wanna come with?’” She read. Then she squealed. “OHMYGOD. He’s so totally into you!”

“I know!” I looked at my phone and my smile managed to grow wider.

“So what are you gonna do?” She asked. “You know your parents.. You barely got them to let you come tonight.”

I chewed my lip in thought. “I’ll call and ask them.” I dialed my parents number and waited.

“What took so long? The band couldn’t possibly have had that many songs.”

“Mom there was more than one band.” 

I heard a sigh on the other end before she spoke. “So you’re heading home now, right?”

“Not exactly..”

“What does not exactly mean?!” 

This was what I hated. My parents were so uptight. They hated that I listened to Rock. That I coloured my hair. That I enjoyed having fun. “It means I’m going out with the band. I don’t know exactly where they’re going, but Emily and I are going.”

“I don’t think so.” I heard a muffled shout and knew she was calling my Father. I rolled my eyes at Emily while waiting for him to get on.

“You want to do what?!” My father thundered.

I sighed. “It’s not just want. I am. I’m going out with the band. I was invited by the bass player.”

“Like Hell you are.” I was getting angrier. “You’re coming straight home right now.”

“And how are you going to make me?” I asked. “I’m in Toronto, not Woodstock.”

“I will send someone there after you.”

“Like I care.” I laughed a moment. “Bye Dad. I’ll see you whenever I get home. I’m going out with the rock star of my dreams.”

--------------------------------------------------------

Kinda sucks, I know. I'm working on making it better, I promise. I hope you liked it despite how shit it is.

~xoxo Ashee <3