Remember Me - [A Colin Morgan Fanfic]

"Who are you?" She asked, staring blankly at this man who held her hand and looked as if he hadn't slept in days. The man smiled with tears in the corner of his eyes and touched her face with his other hand. She didn't seem to care. She felt comfort, but why? She felt as if she knew this man, but she also felt like she doesn't.

He bit his lower lip and held the tears back, inhaling sharply as he lowered his head. Then he gave up, letting the tears flow through his eyes.

"You don't just-" He stopped talking and let out a chuckle despite the warm tears that rolled down his cheek, completely opposing his gesture, "You don't just forget your husband."

"B-but... I-I... husb-," She stuttered, struggling to make out the next sentence. The hazel around her eyes screamed, 'help'. He couldn't give more, because there was nothing else to give and do but wait and hope a miracle happens. The man clutched her hand lightly.

"Nurse," He barely whispered, then looked up once more and repeated loudly, "Nurse! It's happening again..."

As soon as the nurses came in and her hand was let loose from his grip, the girl sensed a feeling of uneasiness. She panicked and was confused at what was happening. She didn't know what to say-how to speak. She suddenly forgot all means to respond, so instead she kicked and let out cries of despair while she flailed her arms around. She tried hard to avoid the nurses and was attempting to reach out for the man's hand. The nurses fought back, trying to get hold of her as they say soothing words like, "Hun, it's okay. We're friends, remember?" or "It's alright, we won't hurt you." But the syringe in the nurse's hand told her otherwise.

He couldn't force himself watch, so he turned his head and looked the other way. When he finally had mustered enough energy to look, he caught the glimpse of the girl who looked right back at him, with confusion in her eyes. His heart felt as if it had been turned to an anchor; heavy and cold. He kept telling himself that the girl he married and loved with all his heart was still in there, but his hope was slowly fading away.

Then suddenly it all came back to her; what she was doing here, what she had, and who was the man-her husband. Upon regaining control to herself, she felt tears spill out of her eyes.

"Colin," The girl whispered. The nurses heard her, one pulled out a hand to stop the others from restraining, "Colin, I love you."

Colin rushed to her, gripping her hands once more, "Lexi," he cried with joy, "We couldn't stop it. We tried everything, but the tumor was too much. I-I.."

Lexi just smiled and touched his nose with her pinky, "I know, my love. But it's too late."

Colin nodded. He dared not to protest the reality, though he refused to believe. He let go of her hand, and cupped her face, "You remembered me."

"How can I ever forget you?" She asked a rhetorical question, turning to face the nurses, "If I am to die, I want to die home. H-Ho," She shook, fighting the disease away, "How l-long?"

The nurse looked at the doctor; the doctor looked at his clipboard and scanned through the few pages of white paper. He lifted his gaze to the girl and smiled, "Two days, if you're lucky."

She nodded, "Then I have to be."

***

Three Months Ago

"Well, that's the last box," Colin said, wiping the sweat that trickled down his forehead. He dropped the box gently in the center of the soon-to-be living room floor. He lifted his gaze to his newly-wed wife who was unloading a box that said; "Albums", trying to figure out the mysterious look in her eyes, as if restraining some kind of pain. The crease on her brow, though subtle, was noticed by Colin who had been with her for seven years now, three of it being her best friends, four being her boyfriend.