Block It Out

Chapter 6

~Nova's POV~

Xavier hired a guy to train me, and one to train my sister. He was weird like that sometimes, I mean I could control my powers extremely well now because of my trainer, Cain. I just thought it was slightly pointless when I was capable of learning on my own.

Xavier is more confusing then I.

Is that even possible?

"Nova, pay attention." Cain said gently, careful not to surprise me or make me upset or mad. My emotions tied in with powers. Water was literally everywhere.

Therefore, Cain was afraid I'd drown him.

Cain is a silly man, I'm not a monster.

My thoughts fluttered around until landing on the memory of Xavier hitting me and kicking me. That was the day he found out my true identity.

That right there, is an example of a monster.

Silly Cain, he overreacts.

"Luna, please." Cain begged, crouching in front of my face, desperately trying to gather my attention.

"Cain I already know how all of this works. I don't need to be trained." I said monotone, and I sat down on the grass.

Cain looked tired and defeated as he groaned and flopped onto the ground a foot away from me. I couldn't help but laugh at him, goddess he was a real baby sometimes.

"I can hear you Luna." He groaned and I started to laugh harder, my eyes shut and I could hardly breathe.

"What the hell is going on here?"

Just like that, my eyes snapped open and I was on my feet quicker then Cain. In front of me stood an irritated Xavier, glaring at Cain.

"It's my fault, I didn't wanna train Zay." I giggled, relaxing my posture and I could see Cain relax too.

"I don't care if you didn't want to Nova, you should train."

"Xavier. Have you not been paying attention? I can control my powers extremely well! You just never notice."

"Then show me."

I shot Cain a smirk and focused onto my mate. He rose an eyebrow, and I got a sly smile.

Before Xavier could protest or question me, a big ball of water landed on his head and exploded, soaking him. I couldn't help it, I bursted our laughing and soon Cain joined me, I was laying on the ground cackling. Goddess I was funny.

Xavier, on the other hand, was not impressed at all.

"That's great that you can use your powers for fun, but what if you need to defend yourself?"

"Seriously Zay-Zay. I can protect myself just fine you just don't care to notice."

Xavier shot me a glare before returning to the pack house, leaving Cain and I.

"Please can we train now Luna?"

I nodded my head with a sigh and we began the boring lesson.

4 hours later

I was beyond exhausted, who in their right mind does this for fun? All I'm getting out of this is that Cain is no fun. And I need so much more coffee and sleep, probably some Nutella.

I have an obsession for Nutella.

Just a warning.

With the last bit of energy I had, I made a ball of water and began spinning it around, it faded from visible and invisible. It started to spin faster and I gave a tired smile, it began to change colors it began to glow. Goddess I love my powers. Ever so slowly the water bubble began to spread out like a wave in midair, until my stomach growled and the water stopped glowing and landed on Cain's Head, drenching him yet again.

I let out a burst of laughter and in return I got a low growl, Cain's eyes darkened and he stepped towards me.

I was utterly confused.

Cain peeled back his lips, revealing his canines. Before I knew it he had shifted into a large brown wolf, with yellow eyes.

Memories appeared before my eyes and I was scared, tears gathered in my eyes and in an instance I was on the ground, belly up. I was being submissive.

Just because my parents were Alpha and Luna doesn't just magically erase every single thing. I was an Omega, and I always will be. I'll always be afraid when someone becomes dominant, I'll always be scared. I'm wounded and scarred, I have scars covering my body, I will always be an Omega. The low ranking wolf.

I'm not fit to be Luna.

"Cain?! What the actual fuck are you doing to your Luna? You're scaring her!"

Cain's eyes widened and he shook his head violently, backing away from me. With a sad whine he turned and ran into the forest, just as strong arms wrapped around my body and I was picked up. Electric currents ran through my entire body.

I tilted my head to face Xavier, his eyes watching me carefully.

"Are you okay? Did he hurt you?"

I shook my head, a sad smile on my face.

"No he didn't hurt me Zay. He wouldn't ever and I know that. I'm sorry, I'm not fit to be a Luna. I'm just a useless Omega." I said quietly, before sliding out of his arms, ignoring my mates desperate words, and shifted into my wolf. I sprinted away. Not a care in the world where I went besides here.

About an hour later I came to a small pond, and I shifted back to my human form. Ever since the day I took in Felix, the war, my hair had stayed white. I studied my reflection in the water, tears flowing down my cheeks.

Why was I so different?

I never wanted this, I never asked for this.

With an angry cry I slammed my fists into the water, ripples made my reflection blurry. I began to sob harder, my whole body shuddering with each labored breath.

"Are you okay?"

As quick as I could I got to my feet and faced the two figures standing in front of me. Their eyes locked onto mine.

There was a male and a female.

The female stepped forward, concern clear in her eyes.

"Are you okay?"

With a shaky breath I nodded my head.

"Who are you?" I asked, my voice wavered but it was commanding. God I've been hanging around Xavier for far too long. I just used my alpha voice.

The girl smirked. "My wolf's name is Stardust, my brother here? His wolf's name is Phoenix."

My mouth gaped open, and I snapped it shut, mentally yelling at myself. I blinked and straightened my posture.

"Name is-"

"Nova, yes. My dear cousin. Your wolf's name is Ocean, your sister Genesis, her wolf's name is Sterling. I already know. My real name is Lyric, his real name is Seven, or Sev, for short."

I just stared at them, my mind going crazy.

"Why is his name Seven?"

"Because he's only scared of Seven things Nova. Just Seven things."

"And those fears are?"

"You'll learn later on dear Cousin. Right now we need to get to Genesis, the four elements must unite. Do you understand?"

I nodded my head, still extremely confused. I also felt like my cousin was right, I needed my sister. I could feel the power flowing through my veins, it's pleads to be let out.

Arms wrapped around my waist and electric shocks flooded my body. I was pulled closer to my mate.

"Who the hell are you guys?"