Chapter Fourteen

I didn’t know what he was up to but I played along without much hesitation. The usual serious Ash was no longer in view, a rare sight if I should say so myself. I’m glad that he is finally opening up to me. He had grabbed my hand and led me towards his car, a shiny black Range Rover. Running my hand across the lush leather seat, I looked at him, “How many cars do you even own?”

He raised an eyebrow at me, “Not too many. Around five at home…”

“Five isn’t many?” I asked in disbelief. He was only one person, how many cars could the guy possibly drive anyhow?

“Kate over here is my favourite.” He smirked, petting the steering wheel like how someone would pet the head of your favourite pet. I looked at him in mocked judgement, “Oh my God, you’re one of those people who name their cars aren’t you?”

He laughed at me, a mischievous sparkle in his eyes, “Sure I am. I also happen to be an axe murderer. Haven’t you been reading the news lately? I’m famous, like Alex from Target.”

“Alex from Target? You’re the heir to a multi-million dollar corporation and you’re as famous as a Target employee?” I snorted.

“Gosh kitten, you’re judgemental aren’t you?”

“I’m not a cat Ash.”

“Yeah you are. You’re like that cat they make meme’s of.”

“Please don’t tell me you mean grumpy cat.” I groaned, “I’m not that grumpy 24/7 okay.”

“You’re not. You’re just a whole lot cuter.” He smiled before kissing me.

“Keep your eyes on the road buster. I don’t want to die young.” I smirked.

“Hey, don’t pretend that you didn’t like that.” He said, his adorable face twisting into a pout.

“I’m not admitting anything.” I smiled extra cheerfully.

He continued pouting and I stuck my tongue out at him. The rest of the car ride was filled with an easy flow of conversation. It turns out that I’m not the only one who loved pizza like my other half. Food never breaks your heart. Food loves you for who you are.

“ALEXIS PEYTON!”

I groaned as I heard someone scream my name. Pulling the duvet over my head, I wrapped the sheets around myself protectively, a cocoon to be precise and waved a hand at the direction of the voice, “Five more minutes.”

“Get your ass out of bed! Charlotte is here!”

The voice, I soon recognized, belonged to Jesse.

“What is a Charlotte.” I murmured half-heartedly, my voice muffled slightly by the pillow.

“Charlotte is a who not a what.”

“Mhmm…” I yawned, my eyelids threatening to close.

“Lex this is important!” She huffed.

“Uh huh…”

If only she’d leave me alone. It was so early in the morning. There was absolutely no sign of sunlight at all outside my curtains. I hate waking up early in the morning.

“Charlotte is my dear brother’s best friend and she’s hot.” Jesse grunted.

I almost sat up listening to her talk about Ash and some hot chick. Looking at the clock on my bedside table, I groaned. “Jesse, are you sure you aren’t sleep walking? It’s like 7.30 in the morning. Who visits someone else at this hour?”

“Charlotte. Duh.”

Jesse really did have the tendency to act like a dumb blonde sometimes. I contemplated about the situation before sitting up. “Okay, okay. I’m up already. I’ll get changed and be down in a second.”