Chapter 4

It was the next morning and I awoke to a dark room and Joe sitting in the chairs next to the end of my bed. The door was closed and so was the long blue boring curtains along the wall of hospital windows. I looked around slowly moving my head, then I stopped as I saw Joe. I watched the steady up and down movement of Joe's chest as he breathed. I began to move my toes, then my arms and slowly bent my knees. I must have been in the same position for awhile because I felt as stiff as a board. I began to feel some soreness, but kept moving. Then Joe woke up to my moving. I froze. I payed still with my eyes open while he woke up, rubbed the sleep out of his eyes, and turned to me and say up. He looked into my eyes and stood up slowly.

"Hey how are you feeling?" he asked leaning over me.

"Not bad, I'm hungry though, can I move?" I asked as I turned halfway on my side right as he said no. 

I felt a sharp pain in my stomach and went back to the position I was in.

"Oh god, what happened?" I asked as I squinted as the pain recited.

"You were shot 2 times." he said sitting on my bed next to me. "You also said before you were knocked out that it was "him?" he said looking at me weirdly.

I thought, and thought for a long time.

"the man who shot me, is the one we are looking for." I said to him wide eyed.

"Are you sure?" Joe asked.

"yes, don't you believe me?" I asked with a little stiffer tone than I meant.

"I do, just calm down and get some rest." he said holding me in a long passionate kiss. "I am going to get us food so sit tight and I will be back." he said getting up and heading for the door.

I turned over and the beeping of the monitors slowly got annoying and I fell asleep tuning everything out. It felt like I was asleep for 2 minutes, then I opened my eyes to the click of the door to my room closing. I looked up and starred over to a man in black, he looked like the guy who shot me. I froze and I felt my heart beat faster and my blood rise to a boil. I was filled with fear and rage. If I wasn't injured I would get up and kick the son of a bitch's ass. But I cant. I looked at his hand and saw a shiny blade with a black handle. It shone in the hospital LED lights. My breath got stuck in my throat, like I choked on a pill the size of a grape. He moved toward me and raised the knife upward. I tried to move but I was tied down. I couldn't scream or move. He opened my gown going from my stomach and In between my breast up to my neck. The opening was wide enough for him to place the tip of the blade between my breasts and draw a perfectly straight line down my stomach. Small but wide enough for blood to come gushing out all at once. He suddenly vanished and people outside my room kept passing, like my room was sound proof. The monitors were going hay wire and......

Then I awoke and saw joe run to me throwing the food on the table. We stared at each other in silence and complete and utter horror. I was so pale and shakin up that my monitor showed increased heart rate. I sat up rather quickly and ripped open my gown, only to reveal my 2 bullet entry wounds parched up. I closed after I had already basically flashed joe and layer back down slowly. I could still feel the cool blade slide against my warm skin and blood.

"what the hell was that!?" he asked as he watched the monitor go back to beeping normally.

"bad dream." I said flatly.

"do you want to talk about it?" he asked as he brought me some plain chicken.

So I told him about it.

"did he have a face? Did you see it?" Joe asked

"no sorry. Did you catch my shooter?" I asked curiously.