bonus one-shot

By special request, I've place this one-shot within this story. However, it it not an official chapter, just a little bonus. This one-shot is set a couple weeks after the last chapter.

Andy's POV

Today, they were at a barbecue. It was stupid, really. Andy thought all this family friend campfire stuff was total bullshit. Ashley's wife, Lissa, always invited them to these things. They were hosted in Ashley's backyard with a smoking charcoal grill, a chlorinated pool, and enough screaming children to make Andy want to get really drunk.  

This had been his life for the past month. This fucking charade of picking out baby names and staring at ultrasounds and spouting off bullshit like, "We're both so happy to be starting a family. Can't wait to meet him."

Because really, why the fuck would he be excited to meet this baby that was going to scream and shit everywhere? Okay, maybe he was being a little harsh. It was just that he was so tired of childbirth classes and watching Juliet's abdomen swell. He wanted to go back to kissing Kourtney and watching her lips twitch into a lopsided smile.

But she had cut all ties with him. Her phone number had been changed, a result of her move, so he couldn't even call or text her to get all this shit off his chest and beg her once more. He had one last tie to Kourt, the profile of her Instagram but now that had gone to shit too.

He'd been scrolling through her photos every now and then (every day) for the past month. Andy had seen the pictures of Big Ben and the table full of pints. He could tell that she was having fun and that she'd met new people. He had seen the captions that tagged usernames like @graceless, @wtfpeter, and @rhyswilliam. He hadn't really thought much of it and in a way he'd been happy for her. Because in her selfies she was always smiling, a real smile that reached her eyes. And Andy was glad that she was happy, he was. Well, until he'd seen the latest photo.

He'd been doing his regular glance at her profile when he saw it. Andy had sworn his eyes were tricking him, so he opened it full size. But it was still there. Kourt was sitting on a dingy thrift store couch in some shitty bachelor pad strewn with beer bottles and junk, similar to the apartment he'd shared with Jake when he first moved to LA. And there was this guy, this fucking asshole, with his lips pressed against hers and these smug ridiculous smiles on both of their faces. They looked so fucking happy and God damn it, Andy wanted to throw his phone at the wall.

It was captioned: "Night in with @rhyswilliam. ♡♡♡ Pizza and movies. Oh and @wtfpeter, @graceless, @cassierenn, and @harrywright are here too."

The comments read:
@wtfpeter: git a rum u fckkn slags
@rhyswilliam: @wtfpeter get a dictionary moron
@rhyswilliam: my gf is so hot wtf
@graceless: you guys are so cute I hate you
@kourtneyyy: @rhyswilliam says the hottest bf ever ♡
@kourtneyyy: @graceless luv you too girl

And that brought Andy to the moment where expletives were racing through his head like frieght trains and he wanted to fucking break his phone and punch someone and pour bleach in his eyes. He wanted to pretend he didn't actually just fucking see that.

"What the fuck?"

"What?" Ashley inquired.

"I cannot believe this shit," he spit, ignoring Ashley's interest.

He clicked on the guy @rhyswilliam's profile and scanned through his photos because somewhere along the way Andy stopped being a 30 year old man and became a teen girl that stalked his exes and every aspect of their lives.

On Rhys' profile, there were pictures that mimicked Kourt's, of bars and London landmarks and their group of friends. And then there were ones of him and Kourt, making funny faces or just smiling or cuddling in each other's arms. Some of the pictures were just of Kourtney. In one of them, she was sipping iced coffee and looking down at her phone. She was oblivious and beautiful.