Part 4

"No...not....love.....I am a mistake..... the big.....biggest....mistake .."

"No...not....love....I am a mistake..... the big.....biggest....mistake .."

"No...not....love.....I am a mistake..... the big.....biggest....mistake .."

And then she had closed her eyes, not replying to his pleas, and the Doctor had ushered him out of the ICU. He sat on the bench, staring blankly at the closed door.

"No...not....love.....I am a mistake..... the big.....biggest....mistake .."

Not Love. A mistake. She was asking him to call her a mistake, not his love. She was ....... Six months.. he waited six months for her to open her eyes, those two deepest soulful orbs of her, wanting to see those gleam which only his presence sparks in her eyes. He had waited six months for those lovely petals to move, to her melodious voice to whisk life in his lifeless body. He had waited six months to apologize, to let her know how much guilty he is. He was burning, burning in the fire of guilt. Those words he had said to her that night haunts him daily, wakes him every night, like a devil takes possession of him and chokes him. And he is unable to do anything about that. All he was doing was waiting, waiting for her to open her eyes so that he can ask her to take away his devil, like she always does. She always does that. But today when she has finally opened her eyes.......all she said was...

"No...not....love....I am a mistake..... the big.....biggest....mistake .."

Hot tears burned his eyes and spilled out, smudging against his palm as he sat covering his face with his palm. A sudden emotion rose up, making him grit his teeth. What was it?----- Anger? Mistake! He had called her a mistake! An alloyed thing like him had called her a mistake. Cheating is in his blood. Wasn't this the exact words he had heard about himself? His father was a swindler, who had made his mother's life a living hell. And then ........ then his mother has done the same thing--- she too had committed suicide.

He stood up from the bench, the air refusing to fill his lungs.

He is like his father. The realization was dangerous, it was suffocating, choking him. Arvind Malik! He is like him. It was he who had pushed Khushi to the brink.....just like his father had done to his mother. A bile rose, making him groan. His body shuddered in disgust—disgusted by himself.

"Mr.Raizada"

Someone was calling him, his ears caught the faint voice. But why was it so faint? His ears were buzzing with so many voices, like many rainbows exploding together. But someone was calling him. He heard that.

"Mr.Raizada."

There it was again. But where was the source ? He tried to lift his head, to roam his head around, search for the source, but failed.

"Mr.Raizada?"

He felt something on his shoulder, and finally is head shot up to meet the source of the voice.