Breath | chapter ten

Leia was unloading the groceries out of many brown bags alone in the kitchen in silence when Sam walked in

Leia was unloading the groceries out of many brown bags alone in the kitchen in silence when Sam walked in. The younger Winchester raised his brows in amusement at the amount of groceries but said nothing. Well, both Dean and Leia went out at noon and only returned nearly dusk so its understandable how much they had shopped.
Leia gave Sam a tight smile when he came to help her.

They had worked in silence for awhile before Sam broke the silence.
"You okay?"

"I'm fine." Leia answered half-heartedly,her hands were working quick with a couple of party-sized bags of nougats,putting them away in over the top counter. She heaved a sharp breath and looked at Sam. "Sam, Dean really loves this angel Castiel..."

Sam stared at her, partially surprised.
"Is that--is that uh,a question or...?"

Leia set aside the beer packs,not breaking her eyecontact with Sam. "On the way to the store, Dean told me about Castiel. The way Dean spoke of him, I would think they're lovers if I didn't know better,"

"Close." Sam had mumbled under his breath,lightly huffing.

"I mean you did tell me a couple of things about Castiel before but...you didn't tell me that Jack manipulated Castiel and get him killed. You told me Lucifer killed him."

"Lucifer did kill Cas,Leia."

"I know." The girl replied weakly.She trailed her hands over the canned colas, sighing exasperatedly. "Dean hates Jack because he got Castiel and your mother killed,am I right? Not because he's dangerous or,the devil's child whatsoever. And.." she pushed the cans in sheer frustration. "He's going to send me away,isn't he, Sam? That's why he's telling me that,right? To make me,I don't know,hate,or...or afraid of Jack?"

Sam pretended to be interested on a few boxes of chocolate bars that poured out of a grocery bag. "Are you?"

"I..." Leia's voice trailed off as she huffed uncomfortably. It was obvious she's at lost of words,doubting herself.

"Maybe its for the best. I don't agree with how Dean treats Jack but, he got a point,you know. This," Sam waved his hand around the room. "This is not a good enviroment for you..."

"So you too wanted to get rid of me?"

"No, of course, not!" Sam defended quickly as he shifted his attention back to her. "But Leia, you and Jack," he looked at her,giving a subtle knowing headtilt. "He's not your responsibility."

"Damn right,he's not. He's yours and Dean's responsibility but all you two did is hurt him every fucking chance you had." The tone came a lot harsher than Leia thought that she bit her tongue, mentally cursing herself.