Chapter 3

A/N: Dedicated to you, because you're awesome!:DD

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 3- After School Escapade

Freezing cold water hit every fabric and epidermis in my body that it burned. When I was talking earlier about wrong move and it would be one nasty drop, well mine sure was. Plus, the freezing cold water. Ouch. It's like the water decided to give my body a big exuberant high-five.

I didn't have a hard time resurfacing. Thank God for practically living and growing up near a beach or else I might not know how to swim. Mom didn't like the idea of me taking up swimming classes. Said it would be too exhausting for me and I might get hurt in the process. Freaking unbelievable.

Frantically, I looked around the vicinity of the water trying to locate Mathias to no avail.

"Where is he?" I muttered.

Immediately, I swam to the nearest edge-since it would be much easier to locate him if I were in stable ground than practically kicking for my life here in this freezing water- and hauled myself up.

"Mathias!!! Where the hell are you!?" I hollered through clenched teeth. I was shaking vigorously from the cold that I'm sure I'd die of hypothermia.

Where is he anyway? Surely if he did drown his body will float right? My blood run cold from the thought of him dead. I slapped myself. Think happy thoughts you idiot! He's not dead!

"Math-"

"Jessica" a soft whisper came from my right ear. So close that I can feel him practically breathing against my ear.

"What the-!" I shrieked and shoved him hard on the ribs making him grunt in pain.

Immediately I spun around. My shoulders sagging in relief as I gaze down on this idiot's pretty face. Jesus! This guy's in a serious mission of giving me a heart attack!

"Feisty." he grumbled rubbing the spot I shoved, glaring playfully at me.

I sat on the ground as my knees start to buckle from exhaustion. I ran my hand through my still dripping hair letting all the tension leave my body.

Thank God he's not dead.

A relieved sigh escaped my lips. "Where the hell were you?"

"Been here all along"

"All along?" I asked my eyes wide.

"All along." He repeated, amused.

That got me angry. "Well then why didn't you tell me? I've been calling out your name for ages! Didn't you hear me?"

"I did."

What?! Now I was furious. And his short excuse of a response is like an added fuel to the now raging fire that was me. "You did?!" I said enraged as I stood up and came face to face with him. My eyes were like slits as they stare at him. "You did and yet what? What did you do? WHAT!? Was it fun watching me freak the hell out there, frantically looking for a possible dead body that might have committed suicide and have a dead man over my head?! Is that it?!"

He lifted both of his hands up in the air and mumbled "And the day Jessica Martin decided to finally converse with me, she's spitting fire at me. Go figure." Then in a teasing and a much louder voice said "Geez. Lighten up will you."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "You find this amusing? You're so argh! Do you know how worried I was?! I thought-sigh-Just. Forget it. I should probably go."

"No. Wait-! I'm Sorry!" He blurted out quickly as I decided to turn and walk away. His eyes alert, right hand outstretched as if to reach me.

I stopped dead on my tracks willing for him to continue. He ran his hands through his now-almost-dry-locks of brunette hair and sighed.

"I'm Sorry." He repeated. "Though in all honesty, I have no idea what I'm sorry for. Okay okay, at least for making you worry." He added quickly when I started glaring at him.  

"Geez. You're easily riled up." He was going for humour but suddenly stopped when he saw the look on my face. "Okay, I'll be serious I promise!" He sighed. "Well I did say 'I did' and it was meant to be an answer for both. I did hear you and I did tell you, you know. I called your name twice actually but it seems like you couldn't hear me so I thought maybe she would if I whisper in her ear." He explained. Back at being amused.

I opened my mouth to respond but he wasn't done yet and beat me to it. "Anyway, This all I got. Don't have any shorts with me, Sorry." He said sheepishly, handing a dry shirt to me that he got out of his backpack. I didn't notice he brought something with him? Then continued. "You might want to change into this. You're ridiculously shaking. Wouldn't want you to catch a cold now."

Now that he mentioned it, my teeth were still clattering dangerously that I wouldn't be surprised if a tooth or two fell off and my whole body's still shivering from the cold.

I accepted it with a thanks but then remembered something. "Wait. What about you? You're still wearing your wet shirt."

He shook his head then smiled. "No, it's okay. I do this all the time. Usually I don't bring spare shirts with me, Just accidentally brought one today. And hey, wouldn't you know? It comes in handy!"

I was about to protest but he effectively cut me off.

"Just take it. Okay? I'm fine, I promise. See? I'm not even shaking like you." He added playfully. True to his words, he really wasn't shaking.

"Are you sure?" I asked warily.

"Positive." He said grinning.

I sighed. No point arguing. This guy's stubborn and let's face it. I'm dead beat, trembling, in dire need of a heater and having a change of clothes is one huge step ahead.

I'm so having hypothermia after this.