3.) 7-11

Present Day

Holy freaking shit!

I stay completely still, as he stares into my eyes intently.

I should never have agreed to go out. I should never have even stayed after Terri left. Harry is sure to call the cops on me. I mean, who wouldn't?

I think back to last night, trying to remember why I chose to break into a 10 million dollar mansion.

Was I aware that this was Harry's?

"Are you going to stand there gaping at me, or would you like to join me for breakfast?" He interrupts my thoughts.

I can't stay. I need to leave. I'm already late for work...

"No, uh I can't. Thanks for not calling the cops." I shrug, running out of the building as hastily as one could with a hangover.

I need to call someone to pick me up. I'm pretty sure I'm hours away from where I live. Looking around the street, I decide I'm probably lightyears away.

I pull out my phone and dial the one persons number I'm sure will answer.

"Hey, Terri?" I say into the small device.

"Good god, Lea! Where the hell are you?!" She screams, causing my ears to ring.

"It's kind of a long story, do you think you could pick me up?"

"Yeah, of course. Where should I expect to see you?"

I look around for a store or some other building besides Harry's and spot a 7-11 about a block away.

"Umm, I see a 7-11? Pick me up there?" Quite honestly, I have no idea where I am. I know my directions aren't very helpful.

"Okay.." She trails off, probably thinking of someway to find me.

"Your iPhone! I'll track it. Go to 7-11 and I'll find you that way. Bye." She disconnects the call.

- - - -

"How did you end up all the way over here?" Terri asks as I climb into the car.

"I wish I knew." I shrug.

"You know, Mrs. Telling is going to have you by the balls, right?" Terri laughs.

I know she is. I was supposed to meet her in her office at 9:00am. It is now 12:00pm, and I'm screwed.

"Yeah. I realize. Hopefully she's not too mad." I pick at my nails.

"Mad? She's fuming!" Terri's voice is full of sympathy. I snap my head in her direction and my eyes go wide.

"Joking." She giggles, brushing it off.

I'm going to kill her before we even arrive.

"So, I saw how that bartender...Max? Was flirting with you."

"His name is Matt, and no, he was not flirting." I explain to my gossipy friend.

"Oh come on. The guy was panting over you! And he even gave you free drinks."

She says, as if that's making her case any stronger.

"Whatever. I'm not going to see him again, so it doesn't matter." I roll my eyes, hiding a grin trying to creep up on my lips.

"I don't know...maybe you will." I hear a hint of evil in her voice. What did she do?

"What do you mean?"

"Ooh, nothing. I may or may not have given him your number." She replies with a smug expression. Oh she's so damn proud of herself, isn't she?

"You what?" I choke.

"Don't act so surprised. Maybe you're right. Maybe he wasn't interested in you. He probably threw it away. Or gave it to an old drunk..."

"You shut up!" I yell playfully. She's difficult, I'll tell you that.

-•-•-•-•-•-

A/N

Thanks for reading!

Vote/comment/ and follow me!