chapter 5

Destiny's POV

song: Atlas - Imagine Dragons

-

The rest of the train ride was silent. Tati had fallen asleep against my shoulder and soon afterwards I did the same. I awoke when the the train came to an abrupt stop.

"What's all this ruckus for?" I groan rubbing my eyes. I stand up letting Tati slide unknowingly onto my seat. I listen to people panic as I walk over to a small window connecting the trains.

"Why did they stop the train?"

"I have to get to work at a certain time!"

"My kids. I need to get to my kids."

Why would the train just stop in the middle of the forest? I thought peering through the window. In plain sight I see two men dressed in all black looking at someone's ticket. I see their mouths move and the passenger shake her head.

I need to get closer. I persuade myself as I slowly and quietly push the door open. I slid through the door and closed it cautiously. I look up and I freeze when I see them both loading guns, their guns. They walk up to a male passenger interrupting his phone call. The man looked annoyed at first then his eyes landed on their guns. He smiled and slowly put his device into his pocket.

"How may I help you?" his voice shakes.

"We are looking for a group of kids."

"I haven't seen any kids."

"Their names are Destiny Clarke, Harry Styles, Tatiana Carter, Johnny Moore, and Timber Kimber."

"Never heard of them."

"Well we believe they are all together. If found their to be sentenced to death for blasphemy and other criminal offences."

"I'm not a criminal."

The whole train went silent. My hand covered my mouth but it was too late. I see the men look up at me pulling their guns out of its holster.

As fast I could I opened the door I had just came through. I pulled down a chain causing the door to lock shut. Multiple bullets hit the door causing the passengers to look at me in fear. I cower away from the door rush back to my seat.

"Tati get up! They found us, we need to go." I beckon, shaking her while constantly checking the door.

'CLINK'

'CLINK'

'CLINK'

"They're trying to open the door. Tati please get up. If we don't leave you can't save your mom." I beg. Her eyes shoot open at the mention of her mom. She looks at me, then at the bullet-holed door.

"Let's go." she states her eyes looking for anyway to escape. She looks up and smiles. She jumps on her chair and tries to open a small window on the top of the train.

"It's jammed." she hissed hitting the small red wheel.

"Push up and turn."

I turn and see a young man with shoulder length brown hair and dark brown eyes. He smiles at me and I smile back. I couldn't help but think I had seen him somewhere.

"I think your friend is waiting." he smirked pointing at Tati who was now on the roof.

"Oh, yeah." I blushed pulling myself through the small window. I start to crawl in the direction of Tati when I turn back.

"Thanks by the way." I call out to him. He just nods and smiles. I quickly turn back and start crawling to one of the cargo carts near the caboose.

"Destiny! Get up and run!"

I look back and see the same two men pulling themselves up onto the roof. I push myself up trying to stay balanced. I take a deep breathe and I start to run. The friction from the wind hurt my face as I my body ran in the opposite direction. My nostrils felt numb as I took in deep jagged breaths of cold air. I kept my gaze on Tati until she stopped. I ran a bit faster trying to forget about the burn in my legs, caused by the lack of oxygen. I reached Tati and I realized why she stopped.

"There's no caboose." she shouted over the chugging of the train. We both looked back and saw both men coming closer and closer.

"What are we going to do? I can't go back, I can't." I started to panic looking down at blurry railroad tracks.

"Jump. We're going to have to jump." she urged grabbing my hand. I looked at her and shook my head. I can't jump, jumping is how my dad died. I took my hand out of hers, shaking my head repetitively.

"I can't."

"Yes, you can. Just trust me please." she looked just as frightened as I was. A sound echoed right past my ear causing a small stinging sensation. I slowly placed my index finger on the sensation and brought it back. It was blood, they had tried to shoot me.

"Destiny we need to go now and i'm not taking no for an answer!"

My hand remained rigid as she pulled me towards the edge of the train. Everything was a blur as the train continued to move at a fast speed. I could make out trees and brush, realizing we're still in the forest. The men were now a couple feet away. I closed my eyes counting in unison with Tati. My breathing accelerated and I could feel my heart beating a hundred miles a minute.

"1"

You can do this Destiny. Just breathe.

"2"

I felt a pull on my hand and then I realized I was airborne.

WHAT ABOUT THREE!

I screamed at the top of my lungs as multiple branches scraped my face and limbs. I was falling into darkness, just like my father. I prayed as fast as I could. I had no time to brace myself for impact. My leg touched the ground first but not before multiple rolls down a hill. I closed my eyes not wanting to open them, scared of what I might see when I finally stopped. I listened for Tati, but heard nothing. This caused me to open my eyes. I let out a small sigh of relief as I realized everything was in tact. I got up excruciatingly slow. Pain seared through my left leg as I stood up. I shook it off brushing the debris of my clothing, My eyes scanned the area looking for any sign of life.

"Tati... Tati can you hear me?" I call out into the dark forest.

No answer, please be okay Tati.

"Tati, where are you?" I call out again praying for a sound anything. I turn around in a heartbeat when a loud scream fills the forest causing birds to fly up from trees.

"TATI!" I scream trying to find the direction it came from.

[play video here] The sound of crunching leaves caused my heart to skip a beat. Whoever it was seemed to be only a few meters away. I slowly backed away from the direction of the sound.

"Tati is that you?"

"Whoever it is, I have a weapon." I threatened even though my voice wouldn't even scare away a bird.

A large hand suddenly covers my mouth and pulls me down to the floor behind a bush. I scream into the hand, trying to escape.

"Shh."

I shake my head ferociously but the stranger's hand still covers my mouth. I whimper into the hand as I lay against someone's chest. I look up at my kidnapper and I recognize him. My eyes widen in shock causing the male stranger to chuckle in a low voice.

He looks up again before letting go. I body stays frigid as my eyes scan over him.

"You're him. That guy from the poster." I whisper shakily.

"Yeah, I'm General Styles, but I would prefer to be called Harry."

[a/n: hey guys. i took my exams and passed hopefully. empire is becoming more popular! everyone loves the new cover (i made it) and I'M SO HAPPY! HARRY AND DESTINY FINALLY MET! WHAT HAPPENED TO TATI?! COMMENT AND VOTE YOUR OPINIONS!]