•72• Chapter

"Aigoo, do you want me to come with you?" My grandma asked me as I packed fresh clothes to wear in my bag to leave for the hospital. It was Friday so I could stay with Jungkook in the hospital because tomorrow was Saturday.

"No, it's fine halmeoni." I insisted on her to stay. "You and eomma can have a mother-daughter time." I winked but she still wasn't satisfied.

"Are you sure? How about your mother?"

"Yes I am and I'll talk to mom when she gets back." I reassured her and a second later, we heard the keys jingling. Eomma's home from her interview.

I gave my eomma some privacy. I was still shocked about my dad but I didn't want to bother her by asking too much. I still hadn't talked to him and eomma had no idea of course. Eomma seemed to feel better after telling me the truth, she was even looking for jobs here!

Eomma dropped her keys on the coffee table. "Where are you going?" She asked after spotting my bag open with my clothes inside.

"To the hospital. Jungkook woke up." I said with a smile. I zipped my bag shut and put it over my shoulder.

"No, you're not." Eomma said and I immediately stopped. "I don't want you going out this late."

"But it's Friday and I did this before." I fought my mother. "You didn't stop me before."

"It's because I came to pick you up and you went in the afternoon." She said. "I'm too tired to do that now."

"I'll take your car then. It'll be safe." I suggested but she shook her head. "Eomma!" I groaned in annoyance.

"No." She said sternly. "Now stop fighting MiMi. You can visit him tomorrow. His mother must be there to take care of him."

"But-" I got cut by her almost right after I said my first word.

"No buts. I know you care about him and I respect that but not now." She dropped her bag but I didn't drop mine.

"Eomma!" I groaned louder. "This isn't fair."

"Let her go, Mina." My grandma said to her daughter softly. "He's her boyfriend after all."

I widened my eyes and so did my mother but this time I didn't dismiss the thought. "No, even if he is or isn't her boyfriend, I won't allow her to leave." I scowled at my mother after her rejection.

"Don't be so stubborn, Mina. Can't you ask your friend to drive you?" Halmeoni asked me and I thought for a second. I shook my head as a no. "Take the public transport then. Simple."

"Please eomma." I pleaded.

"Come on MiMi. Who is he that you have to stay in the hospital for?" Eomma asked a bit of irritation shown on her face now. I almost forgot to answer after seeing her lips twitch. My mother had a very bad temper sometimes and right now, I was scared she would actually burst at me.

"You seriously forgot?" I asked softly so she wouldn't get angry as quick because of my stubbornness to go to the hospital. She raised an eyebrow. "He's Jungkook."

"So?" She folded her hands. "That Jungkook. Busan one."

"What are you on about?" Halmeoni asked but I ignored her question. Eomma would explain later.

"Jeon Sumi's son?" Eomma asked and I nodded. "Why didn't you tell me this earlier?"

"I'll explain later but can we go now?" I asked impatiently. Eomma pursed her lips and took a moment to think if we should go or not. "Please Eomma."

She sighed dramatically and rolled her eyes at me who was pouting like a dog. "Fine, just this time. I want to meet Sumi."

I clapped my hands cheerfully while Halmeoni was still confused. "We'll explain later." I shrugged and pulled my mother by her hand. She took her bag from the coffee table and we made our way to her car.

The ride was short as the hospital was close by. I walked quickly to Jungkook's room to find him not on the bed or anywhere in the room actually. I asked ajhumma where he was and she told me he was on the roof. Eomma and ajhumma instantly recognised each other but I didn't have time to see a friend reunion at the time. I dropped the bag on the sofa in the hospital room and made my way to the rooftop.

I saw Jungkook swinging his legs as she sat on the bench on the roof. I sat next to him so quietly that he didn't even realise I was sitting next to him. He was looking up at the sky and I reached for an orange in my pocket that I put earlier.

"Orange?" I offered and Jungkook looked down at me. He smiled.

"You're here?"

"No, I'm a ghost. Boo." I teased and he chuckled. "Of course, I'm here but what are you doing here?"

"Taking a breath." He answered. I peeled the orange and led my arm out to offer him an orange. He opened his mouth but I decided to play a trick on him and put the orange in my mouth. "Yah, I want one."

"Too bad." I smirked proudly as I bit on my orange, the sour taste filling my tastebuds. I tried to hide the fact that it was horribly sour. He crossed his arms like a five year old. I tried to feed him again, this time really trying to feed him.

He took my wrist and caught me off guard when he pecked my lips softly. He smirked at my wide eyed reaction and ate the orange from my hand. After I landed to earth back again, I swat his chest making him chuckle.

"So, what are we?" I asked truly confused. He kissed me two times already so we are a thing, right?

His smile faded into a straight line. Did I do something wrong? "I thought you'd know. You're my girlfriend."

I smiled and so did he. "About JangMi-"

I kissed him this time. "She knows." I whispered in his mouth before he kissing me back. We held each other in each other's arms away from reality. Away from everything.

We sat there for a while, holding each other until Jungkook shifted from his position and put his head on my lap making me blush a shade of hot pink. He closed his eyes as I finally took in everything that had happened.

He was in coma for more than a week and now he was finally back. I couldn't help but let a tear escape. Before I could stop, my tear landed on Jungkook's cheek. He opened his eyes and looked at me with concern. "Don't mind me." I said chuckling.

He cupped my left cheek with his right palm and stroked his thumb on my wet cheek. "Don't cry." He said. "It hurts me."

"I'm sorry, I just...thought you were going to die. I didn't come back to Seoul to see you go."

He murmured something but I couldn't hear it. I leaned forward, my ear facing his lips to listen better.

"I love you." He whispered before kissing my cheek. I giggled shyly.

"I love you." After saying those three words, I felt as if I was free, a word I had been wanting to say for a long time. I felt giddy inside that I could literally jump up and down for hours. He chuckled at my face and I could clearly tell he saw through me.

"I'm your first though, right?" He asked. I looked at him with a hand over my heart as if someone had said the most shocking thing ever.

I looked away. "There was this guy before you..." he scoffed and got up from my lap. "Did you have to- what about you?"

He widened his eyes. "Your my first." He murmured. I rolled my eyes at the obvious lie. "Hey, I can't be a good kisser without practice." I scoffed and hit him but before I could, he pulled me for a hug, a long long one. I smiled warmly as he rested his chin on my head while I rested mine on his chest.