Chapter six

Night Stalk crosses the base, taking with her a change of clothes so she could continue training, but with more comfort. The fact that Storm Shadow was here brought an odd sense of unease to her mind, and an odd sense of comfort. She shakes her head and turns on the water, stepping into it after stripping down and bathing her scared skin in it's warmth.

It's lukewarmth.

She stands under the falling waters, the small pang of hunger dawning on her mind. She was so used to eating so little, hunger never bothered her. With the new promise of safety, and food at hand, she had to get used to a 'normal' life and 'normal' activities. Night Stalk grabs the small amount of shampoo and conditioner she brough and scrubs her hair, even if it was still clean from yesterday's shower. She just needed to escape Storm Shadow, and prying eyes of those around her. She didn't want people to take guesses of their relationship, especially since she didn't know what it was herself.

Sure, they had a history, and a friendship, but it seemed much more than that. She felt something her lost years kept her from recognizing, and for once she was unsure.

A dangerous thought.

Night Stalk brings her face under the water and brings it back out, scrubbing her skin and brushing her fingertips over the large scar across her cheekbone. Leaving it, she rubs at the bubbles dripping down her body from the shampoo and rinses her hair out completely. Another body enters the shower area and she tenses, her naked body only covered by the short walls of each cell, going up to her neck but still too revealing for her. She both tenses and relaxes when Storm Shadow walks in, making eye contact with her and walking into the stall next to her.

"What are you doing?" Night Stalk asks.

"I wanted to talk to you." Storm Shadow replies.

"In the shower?" She replies.

"They will keep me away from you as much as possible, and I need to tell you something." He responds.

"Speak." Night Stalk demands.

"Cobra Commander has placed a mission in my control. He wants me to convinve you to join them." He informs.

"Because he knows we had a past." Night Stalk confirms.

"I wanted to tell you this instead of the others." Storm Shadow finishes and walks from the room, leaving Night Stalk alone. She watches him saunter away, no noise being made the entire time, and washes out the conditioner.

The rest of the G.I. Joes might want to know of this.

She turns off the water and quickly dries herself off before changing into fresh clothes, running over to where Roadblock was lifting weights and Flint was practicing with Lady Jaye.

"Storm Shadow informed me that Cobra Commander has ordered him to try and convince me to join them." She says, making Roadblock pause and set the bench press down, sitting up.

"He is supposed to convince you?" He asks.

"That means he still wants you to join, not just to prevent you from joining us." Lady Jaye confirms.

"And Storm Shadow would be the best convincer. We go back." Night Stalk states. The group goes silent for a few minutes, in though.

"Here's the plan. Night Stalk will pretend to try and survive in the world, go to a few bars, get a fake job. Storm Shadow will meet up with her ocasionally, pretending to try and convince her. It wil gain us time, and distract Cobra Commander while Storm Shadow tells us his plan." Roadblock finally says.

"I pretend to be normal?" Night Stalk asks.

"Yeah." Roadblock responds.

"Interesting." Flint comments.

"How shall I be 'normal'?" Night Stalk asks.

"We'll get you a job, a house. Make it seem like you've tried to start over." Lady Jaye concludes.

"Okay, I will do it, but I want a fun job." Night Stalk demands.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

?

.

.

.

.

.