Chapter Three- 1-G: Results

okay guys well this starts out so cute and sweet but ends so cliffy >:D i suggest you read to find out what happens ;D and votes, comments, and fanning is oh so APPRECIATED :D

~Naomi :D

----------------------

Three:

1-G: Results

            She was running.

            The sun blistered down on her back, the rays slowly shifting her skin to a golden brown of her eyes in sunlight. Hair flowed behind her as each step pounded down, heart slamming against her rib cage as she panted for breath. But a smile still etched into her face.  

            A blond haired boy ran behind her, catching her waist and pulling her to the ground of the grassy field they laid in. She lay across his chest, smiling, as her hair flopped over to one side of her head creating the most beautiful perfect mess.

            The strands of dark brown shimmered red from the sun, the mess of hair falling down into his face, as his hands reached up to push it back behind her ear. He leaned up, kissing her ever so gently on the lips, the green eyes staring up into her own brown.

            “You’re beautiful, you know that?” He whispered as he stroked the dark pieces of hair that fell down her shoulders.

            She smiled.

            Her eyes shot open, not a sound coming from her mouth, but a sure look of confusion as she looked around and up to who slept next to her.

            Alec.

            The same Alec that kissed her in her dream, the one with the gorgeous green eyes and dirty blonde hair that fell messy all over the place from lack of brushing, was that the Alec that held her?

            But then why did she run in daylight, that’s when she slept? Never had she done that she was sure, she would have sun burn all over her pale features. Then it clicked.

            It wasn’t her it was her other self.

            “Are you okay?” Alec muffled with his lips closed and eyes shut, she wasn’t sure how he knew she was awake if she didn’t move or say anything.

            “Yeah,” She whispered gently, turning her head to look at him.

            Rose took in his beautiful features. From the dirty blonde hair to the small specks of light blonde on his chin, more of stubble than a beard, his face was long and oval shaped, lips stretched so perfectly into just a slight smile even when he slept. They were just a light shade of pink, and she could imagine now the smile that spread across his face whenever he was with her, the smile that leaked happiness into his eyes. She studied his façade again, and even for being nineteen he appeared sixteen while sleeping, maybe everyone does. Years erase when eyes close, wrinkles scamper and maturity vacations; you become younger, reliving your past days in a saccharine slumber.

            His arm draped around her, and she could feel his clearly defined muscles under his shirt. The muscles in his arm bulging out a little just to show he wasn’t weak, in fact if you really studied him he was far from weak.  His body ran down much longer than hers, legs bent in order not to fall of the couch, while she could stretch her legs all the way out and still not hit the arm on the other side.

            She moved gently, and he gripped her small waist tighter and she let a small smile creep onto her features. And allowed a small glace she only ever gave to him when he wasn’t looking, before she bent down and whispered in his ear. “I’ll be right back okay?”

            He let go of her and went back to sleep.

            The small footsteps echoed around her, the sounds crawling into her ears as it slammed into her eardrums with just a tap of noise- a whisper of a hum.

            Gliding into the room she sat down unobtrusively on the computer, logging in her password and instantaneously clicking the internet, a prompt reaction of the similar sequence she did every day at some point. There wasn’t much she had to think about, put on music, open a new tab in the window, go on her favorite search engine- and that was where her train of thought cut off, stopped, ended, ceased.

            She sat there, fingers lingering over the keys, so close the small pieces of plastic could feel the warmth that radiated off of her hands. Rose tapped her fingers lightly against them, hearing the soft click of the keys as they pressed in, so lightly it appeared as if it did not move at all.

Then she herself just sojourned moving all together, as if it was a poison in her veins. The venom slithering through the small blood vessels, killing everything in sight as it made its world immobile. The stillness of the poison raced up her body, crawling up her spine like spiders on a wall, as it reached her brain; the clicking gears that constantly churned in her head and spat thoughts throughout her conscious halted when it reached it. It was like all the life was sucked out of her, an empty vessel with no mind to think, just something that breathed in and out, in and out.

Rose could have sworn she sat there for an hour at least immobilized, but when strength returned to just her head she glanced over at the clock. The time only five minutes after when she sat down, five minutes after she froze.

Everything then came back to her slowly, her hands lifted from the black keys and went to her hair. She ran her fingers through the strands for a million different reasons. Frustration. Exhaustion. Wonder.

Wonder about the girl that haunted her dreams and tainted her memories for so many years, wonder about the boy who stood tall next to her, looking exactly like her best friend. And most of all she wondered, now, why wasn’t she allowed outside of the Lye?

She recalled the so oh many times the government, more specifically President Cress, had told them leaving the Lye would be hazardous to their safety so it was strictly forbidden to leave. Except in the Lye there wasn’t any such thing as danger, no one died. No one got sick. No one got injured. In the Lye everything was perfect so called, but their rules were obscene.

The rule to stay within the boarders, unless with a passport to travel to another Lye connection community, was forbidden. The world outside the Lye looked just like the inside, excluding they thrived during the day and us at night, there was no danger. The houses stood conventionally and tall on the sides of the roads, the shutters all kissed by soft paint of different colors and houses mainly stroked the unpretentious colors of ivory or white. Each driveway had a parked car in it, and a trivial square mail box at the curb. It was all the same as here. But even more ridiculous was the unspoken rule.

            No questions asked.

            You find out something unusual you kept it to yourself; you don’t tell anyone and more unambiguously don’t ask questions. No one will give you an answer, hell Rose wondered if there was an answer to any of the questions she ever had. She also wondered, what questions were there for Rose to ask?

            She wanted answers to everything, she wanted explanations, and she wanted reasons. She was sick of being spoon fed the rancor of pure lies, anticipated to be gulped down like medicine of an ill child. There were too many things to ask, too many things to think of for her to decide on just one. But it was then Rose decided on a question, just a single thought she longed to know since she was six, and was now confirmed at 17. Why are there two of herself?

            With the browser tab still open on the computer, she slowly type the words consisted in her question. Afterwards she hit enter.

            Her heart pounded faster until the rhythm beat on her eardrums, pounded them from the inside out. She was afraid to know. Maybe ignorance was the right way to go, maybe the safest way to go.

            Except when the page loaded and she clicked on the link, it wasn’t a result that showed up, or a paragraph explaining everything she has ever wanted to know. It was a picture.

            A picture of Rose stabbed in the heart, dead on the floor.