Chapter 2- The Cakery

I looked down into the pram, it still amazed me what a wonder she was. Scarlett stared up at me with her caramel coloured eyes. I pushed her pram down the path to the park. They had just had a sand pit installed and Scarlett loves it.

"Mummy" Scarlett said. 

I still couldn't get over that being called a Mummy. Since I had Scarlett my life changed in the most amazing way possible. A year ago I was obsessed with Facebook, Youtube all that. Now, well,  all you need is a child. It's way more exciting than watching tv or hanging out with your friends. You have someone to love you unconditionaly no matter what mistakes you make.

"Yeah sweetiepie?" I bent down so she could see me.

"Momma gonna get coffee?" I smiled at her. She knows I cant live without my coffee. We have a ritual we go to this really cute cakery i get my coffee and Scarlett has a glass of warm milk. It's like Mother Daughter time I guess you could say.

"Sure lets go." I wheeled the pram across the road and down this little alleyway to the cakery. At the sight of the pastel pink sign Scarletty let out a squeal and started clapping her hands. I glanced down her face had lit up. I love my baby girl. As we approached the shop the cakes in the window started to become more visible.

I parked the buggy, lifted out Scarlett and walked into the Cakery. The aroma always gets to me. Sweet buttercream, frshly baked cakes,ground coffee, milkshakes. It's heaven. We walked up to the counter ordered our drinks and went to the back of the cakery to the sofas.

"Hey." This man walked over to me, "Mind if I sit down? I'm trying to get my mate a girlfriend." Another boy walked up behind him. "Leave it, I don't need a girlfriend, I'm s.."  His chocolate brown eyes grew wider with suprise. "Jack?" I asked. Pulling Scarlett closer towards me hiding her face from him. He looked down towards the child in my arms. He froze,

"Dadda?" Scarlett asked.

I could tell a tear was about to come. He turned and walked out the cakery. I did the thing I knew I had to do. I followed him. He was just outside leaned against the wall. He looked down again at Scarlett. "I-is sh-she." He said gesturing towards my daughter. I nodded my head.

"Why didn't you- you call?" 

"How could you expect me to call when you never gave me your number? I havn't heard from you for 3 years. Scarlett is 2, she's grown up with no Dad so whenever she sees me talking to a guy she asks. What do you think it's like to be her?" I was getting angry now.

"Stella, I'm sorry but, this is a shock."

"So you're going to walk right out of your daughters life, but then again I'm not sure if I want you in it."

"W-whats her name?" He asked staring at her, not blinking for a second. 

"Scarlett Darcy-Marie Johnson." I said.

"She's beautiful." Scarlett looked up at me. 

"He Dadda?" She asked, Jack looked up at me, straight into my eyes.

"Can I?" He asked.

It wasn't about me. It's what was right for my baby girl. Having a Daddy or not, that was the question.

"Yes, Scarlett he is your Daddy." She looked up at him, a huge smile covering her face. She stretched out her arms towards him. Jack looked at me. I nodded. He pulled her towards him gently. Wrapping his arms around her. Just like a protective Father.

~Okay so what do you all think?

~

~I'm pretty proud

~

~Shannon xxxxx