Chapter 15: New Found Love*

EMERY POV 

I walked into my house and dumped my keys and bag onto the table. I kicked off my shoes leaving them in the middle of the floor. I plopped down onto the couch and sighed. Jake had taken me to the movie theater, then after we walked in the park. It was very fun. He was cool a guy and I really liked him. But I felt that he wanted more from me than I could really give him. I hadn’t told him that I had a mate and he hadn’t said if he had one or not. I figured that I should tell him soon so that he knew that this little thing we had would never really go anywhere. 

I pulled my feet up on the couch and laid down, shutting my eyes. It was around 9 pm now, and I was tired. Just as I was dozing off my phone began ringing. I ignored it, trying to go back to sleep but it kept going. I huffed as I sat up and grabbed my bag from the table. I pulled my phone out to see that it was Lexi calling me. “Hello?” I answered. 

“Were you and my brother safe?” she said. 

I laughed, “Nothing happened Lexi you can stop worrying.” 

“Ok, ok. Well I just wanted to let you know that were going to a party tonight.” 

“Oh really, we are?” 

“Yup.” 

“I don’t recall hearing anything about any parties this weekend.” 

“That’s because it was like a last minute thing. Now get dressed and be ready by 11. Me and Zayn are gonna pick you up.” 

“Wait, wait, wait, who’s party is this?” I asked. 

“A really hot guy from school, now hurry up and be ready. Bye.” She hung up quickly before I could ask more questions. 

I stood up from the couch and walked over to the kitchen. I grabbed a fruit cup  from the fridge and a spoon before I walked upstairs to my room. I plugged my phone up to charge and sat down on my bed and ate my fruit cup. I was done in less that a minute. 

I threw it in the trashcan then stripped down. I took a long hot shower, cleansing my body and hair. When I was finished I stepped out of the shower and grabbed a towel. I wrapped it around myself and walked into my room. 

I pulled on some lacy black underwear before I walked over to my closet and looked through it for something suitable to wear. I decided on a blue dress that came to mid thigh. I placed it on my bed for later so that I could do my hair first. 

I sat down in front of my mirror and started in on my hair. I blow dried it first before flat ironing it until it was dead straight. I then moved onto my makeup. I used different shades of blue to match my dress and gave myself a smoky eye. I put on my fake eyelashes, some blush, and then some lip gloss. When I was satisfied I stood up from the floor and walked over to my bed. I pulled on my dress and looked in the mirror. I had to say it did look great on me. I wore a pair of nude peep toe heels and grabbed a blue clutch purse, dropping my makeup and phone in it.