I Honor You

Chapter 13

(I Honor You)

Soren greeted guests as they arrived along with his sons. He wasn’t exactly sure what was going on with Aryanna but knew the girl would show up at some point if for no other reason to see her mother. A moment even he was looking forward to.

“Your Majesty,” Princess Ianka said and gave him a deep curtsy.

“Princess,” he said returning the greeting.

“Your castle has never looked so beautiful,” The sandy blonde haired woman complimented with open praise. “Your daughter has done a wonderful job.”

“Yes she has. I couldn’t be more pleased,” Soren agreed.

“Your castle is beautiful and you finally got rid of Ebony. This is certainly a day of celebration for you,” Ianka said. “I would be happy to help you celebrate further…privately,” she offered and gave a seductive bat of her eyelashes.

“Soren,” Pazel said approaching. “Princess Ianka,” The Dragon King said acknowledging her.

“Your Majesty,” She replied and curtsied to him.

“Lovely as always. Would you excuse us?”

“Of course. Majesties.” She gave another curtsy and walked away.

Pazel waited till she was far enough away to not hear him and then looking at Soren made the comment, “Starting already?”

Soren smiled and gave a mere shrug. “It was bound to happen.”

“Ianka is not a bad choice,” Pazel commented.

“No but I’m not looking to take another queen right away,” Soren said concerned.

“Not unless it’s the right woman,” Valice said joining them. “It’s amazing what Aryanna has done to the place. I can hardly believe this is the same castle I was in not all that long ago.”

“It is Spectacular,” Acrissia agreed walking up with her husband. “So where is your daughter?”

“I have no idea,” Soren openly admitted. He watched as more than one set of eyes glanced around slightly concerned. “I don’t think we need to worry she may be changing again. She wants everything perfect when she sees Brianna.”

“They’ve missed each other; it’s understandable,” Valice replied. “Still I would think she’d be here to greet your guests.”

“Yes well…I think she’s avoiding coming until Brianna arrives. Certainly until after ….Leodan,” Soren said seeing the Griffin King approach. “Nodin.”

“Majesties,” The prince replied. He glanced around only a moment before saying, “I’ve seen your sons but I seem to have missed your daughter.”

“She will be here soon,” Soren assured the Griffin prince.

“If nothing else I suppose I’ll see her after my win,” Nodin said arrogantly.

“I don’t suggest underestimating Lysander,” Prince Onus remarked.

“Lysander is good but I have improved quite a bit. Excuse me,” he said and walked over to where he saw a few other competitors.

“Your son seems very…confident,” Soren said.

“I’m sure he’ll do his father proud,” Lady Dahlia said looking over at Leoden with admiration. No one commented but no one standing there was as confident as she was; Leoden included.