0.1

Cameron

I walk up to Saint Marys and it's complete chaos. First off, this building is huge and I can't believe this is even a school, it looks like a castle and I know for sure I'm bound to get lost. Second, there are people everywhere, on the lawn, on the steps, and in and out of the huge double doors but that's not the chaotic part. The chaotic part is the fact that it's so loud. Laughter fills the huge green court, along with some yelling and incoherent chatter. I mean everyone seems so happy for it to be...7:50 am. No human being in their right mind wakes up this early, and if this is what "normal" high school requires then I change my mind and I want to drop out.

I was homeschooled until now, I told my mom I needed the "full teenage experience" but in truth I was tired of being in the same damn house all day, everyday, 24/7. Both my parents thought it was a good idea and here I am.

The bell rings, and I take that as my queue to move inside and figure out where my classes are.

-

I'm sitting in the office and it's honestly really plain. Grey walls and weirdly patterened burgundy carpet that starts to make me a bit dizzy. The office smells like copy paper and disinfecting spray which in a way is a bit nice or maybe I was just used to it after sitting here for what felt like hours.

Either I was really nervous or that carpet pattern was really starting to get to me because I felt like I was gonna puke. Before I got the chance to even think about it I heard my name.

"Sanders" the principle stated in a monotone voice.

"Yes, sir?" I said, kind of scared

"This is Ashton Irwin, he'll show you around the school and to your classes for the rest of the day."

I look next to him and a really tall kind of goofy looking kid was standind there with the biggest smile on his face, he reached his hand out to shake mine, and I returned the gesture.

"Nice to me youu.....?"

"Cameron" I replied quickly.

"Cameron" he repeated with that same large smile plastered on his face, "Well, I'm ready whenever you are Sanders, shall we?" he asked as he began to head out, and with that I followed him out the door.

-

"And this is the main quad, people usually come here to hang out before school starts..."

Ashton began but I was too caught up in everything that was going on to continue listening to what he was saying, I know Ashton was supposed to show me around and I didn't know him much but he talked ALOT.

Meanwhile in the quad there were people everywhere, and it was a lot to take in, I couldn't help but smile to myself in pure amazement. This place was like a whole nother world and I was right in the midst of it. Everything seemed to all be happening at once but then I saw her and time stopped and the uaually noisy quad went quiet.

"Who is that?" I said in awe.

"Wh-OH that's Andrea Desousa, she's the hottest and most popular girl here, unless you're good at math, you don't even have a chance to get close to her."

"Why math? I'm terrible at math." I sort of whined

"She's looking for a math tutor." Ashton shrugged

"I'm in." I say quickly and before Ashton had a chance to stop me I found myself calling her over,

"Hey Andrea!" I yelled running towards her, semi out of breath,

she looked up at me and smiled "hey....do I know you?" she asked still smiling.

"No, I'm Cameron, I'm new here, I heard you're looking for a math tutor?"

She smiled at me with a hopeful look in her eye, "Meet me in the library after school."

and with that she left and I could feel my heart trying to escape my chest. 

I didn't know much about Saint Marys or high school in general but one thing I was sure of was that Andrea was perfect and she was all I needed, she was all I wanted

Maybe high school won't be so bad after all.

A/N:

Okay so I know it's only one chapter but this is Camerons point of view and him first meeting/seeing Andrea. I'm going to switch between characters often in the story. Let me know if you like it so far! xx

-Sabi