Mark of Athena

Jason

          As Jason flew down to his old home on the pegasus, he could see the army of soldiers led by two teenagers wearing togas and purple capes, the praetors.  

          When Jason landed, departed from Blackjack and went up to the purple caped persons, a lean blond sickly pale skin teenager in the army shouted, "Attack!"

          However, before the boy covered half the distance between him and Jason, the boy in the toga and cape ordered,"Octavian, stand down!"

          Octavian stopped and retaliated and said, "You filthy graecus! How dear you invite your kind to Rome! Neptune isn't welcome here and neither are you!"

          The male praetor stepped forward, his eyes looking like the ocean churning. The water of the little Tiber stopped flowing and the boy's powerful aura became so frightful that he looked like an Olympian. The previously clear and cloudless sky turned stormy, the winds howling. The ground around the boy shook and particles of water rose around the boy until he was hovering five feet in the air in his own personal hurricane, wind and all. He held up his right hand and the water particles formed a solid 7foot tall metal trident.

          "Octavian," the boy's voice was booming and scary, sending shivers down my back. "I have allowed you to insult me since the day I have arrived. I have allowed you discriminate against my people. I have even allowed you to attack my pegasus and its rider without striking you down. But NEVER insult my father! I am showing little of what I am capable of doing right now, but if you dear step out of your line again, I swear I will torture you endlessly until you beg for my forgiveness."

          He raised his trident, erupting the ground beneath Octavian allowing the legacy of Apollo to sink ten feet below the surface of the earth. Even from forty feet away, I could hear Octavian whimper as he hit the bottom. Suddenly, he was raised by a spout of water from underground, which spewed him across the fields of Mars, soaking wet. The entire army and I gasped in awe and amazement at the boy's powers.

          The boy in the hurricane turned toward me and shuddered under his aura of power. He lowered his trident and the earth refilled itself, the hurricane stopped, the sky cleared up, the wind dying down and the little Tiber continued with its normal flow. Walking toward me, the boy's eyes started clearing up. When he was about two feet away, he halted, raised his trident and it dematerialized into droplets of water which circled the boy then gradually disappeared. All signs of what just happened were non-existent.

          The boy was about 7 foot tall, lean, athletic, extremely tan with sea green eyes and jet black, windblown hair. He still emanated the aura like an Olympian, making you want to cower in his presence. He casually held out his hand and grinned, "Percy Jackson, son of Poseidon."

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX

          When Percy Jackson introduced himself to me, I said something like,"Uh..muh.huh.."  Then I quickly composed myself and said, "Jason Grace, son of Jupiter."

          We shook hands and he said, "Grace, eh? You related to Thalia?"

          "Yeah, I'm her brother." Usually when I tell people that their jaws drop but Percy just smiled and said that it was good to know.

          By then, everyone had recovered from their shock and came over to us and welcomed me back home. When I looked behind me, I saw that Leo had already landed the Argo II and everybody was out already. I waved them over. I glanced over at Percy who was looking through the crowd for someone. Annabeth. I thought.

           All the Greeks were already greeting Percy but when his eyes fell on Annabeth, he shouted out her name and she ran out to meet him. He met her half way and they embraced. When then pulled away, he leaned down, pulling her closer and kissed her a little too passionately.

           As I turned back, my eyes fell on Reyna. I ran up to her and pressed my lips against hers. She was surprised at first but then kissed back. After about fifteen seconds, we separated and, holding hands, walked back to where Percy and Annabeth were still kissing.

          Reyna coughed uncomfortably and the couple parted and blushed. She was about to say something when Leo and Piper walked up to us and Leo exclaimed, "Are you Percy Jackson? You are so cool! We were disembarking when we saw you do your weird voodoo business and it was sweet!"

           Piper was about to tell Leo something, no doubt to slap himself, when Percy said, "It was definitely not sweet. I tried not to do it. If I didn't have self control, I would've done it since the first day I came. But Octavian should've shut up about my father."

          A voice behind him said,"Nevertheless, at least someone put him in his place."

         A second later, I saw who spoke. It was a dark skinned girl about 13 with hazel eyes. Ironically that was her name. "Hazel!" I said, hugging her. She was standing with a baby faced Asian teenage boy.

          "Shouldn't we have some introductions?" the baby faced boy said.

          "Very well," Reyna agreed.

          "Percy Jackson, son of Poseidon."

          "Annabeth Chase, daughter of Athena."

          "Jason Grace, son of Jupiter."

          "Leo Valdez, amazing son of Hephaestus."

          "Piper McLean, daughter of Aphrodite." Here Percy interrupted and said,"You have eyes like your mother." and Piper blushed.

          "Frank Zhang, son of Mars."

          "Hazel Levesque, daughter of Pluto."

          "Reyna, daughter of Bellona."

          With his hands still around Annabeth's waist, Percy announced to the crowd of Greeks and Romans, who were getting along fine, "Centurions and Greeks, to the senate for a meeting."