Chapter 11

Lana's POV

After eating breakfast with Andrew and Declan I went in search of Jacob. I found him playing in the back garden with some other joys and girls his age. as I watched, a little girl went up to him and tugged in his hand. I was amazed when he immediately stopped what he was doing and focused on her. they walked of to the side and continued their discussion. usually it's very hard to distract Jacob from what he's doing, especially when it's a game with other kids. this little girl just did so with a tug of his hand. I know these kids are werewolves too, maybe they're mates like how me and Andrew are....

Andrew's POV

I walked down the hall, intending to ask if Lana wanted to send the day with me. I found her leaning against the frame of the door that lead out to the back garden. the morning sun was hitting her face and she seemed to glow. her face radiated happiness. I was glad she was comfortable here, knowing what we are. I only need to explain the way that packs worked to her and hope she doesn't get to freaked out.

As I was admiring the perfection that is my soul mate, Carl approached me and said, "I'm going to take Lana and Jacob for school supplies, do you want to come?"

I decide I might as well, I can spend the day with Lana and get my school shopping out of the way. Carl went up to her and told Lana the plan for what was going to happen. Lana said some words back and went into the garden. I went to the door to see what was happening. I saw Lana go to her brother and collect him up in her arms. she said something to the little girl who was with him and she nodded. all three of them started towards us and u smiles at her.

****

Lana's POV

all the shops here were so large. it was as if they could touch the sky. It was nerve racking being in such an unfamiliar place. the stores in our village consisted of a small cottage that sold everything from goat cheese to fur coats. There was all these separate stores for the weirdest things. I mean, who needs a store for nothing but socks! it just doesn't make sense to me. it seems like a waste of resources to have all this retail space. Andrew pulls me from my thoughts when he asks, "so where do you want to start?"

"I do not know. we didn't have stores like this in our village." I tell him. I am worried about us getting lost so I grasp Jacobs hand in my left and Andrew's in my right.

Carl speaks up and suggests getting our school supplies first and then looking for clothes. I agree and we head towards a grey and red building with the word 'staples' written in large white print. "you have an entire building devoted entirely to staples!?" me and Jacob say at the same time. the fact that we are appalled at this evident in our voices.

Carl chuckles but says, "no, it's just what the store is called, it sells office supplies."

"But we are not going to an office...." I trail off, "are we"

"No, but they sell both office and school supplies, don't worry my little mate." Andrew says to me.

I nod my head in understanding at his words and look around the building. the walls are grey but covered with posters and things advertising different materials that one might need for school. We didn't have school in our village, all of the children were just taught by their parents. here they call it home school.

***

after collecting large amounts of things for school that i didn't realize i would need, we left the staple store with seven large plastic bags, filled to the bursting. we then went to the 'mall'. this was a ridiculously large building which housed every shop available. carl said he would look for clothes for jacob with him, while me and andrew went looking for ours. andrew toured me around to different shops until we had accumulated at least thirteen bags total. my arms were getting tired from carrying the bags so andrew and i went to stow them in the car. i had just finished lowering my last bag into the trunk went i heard loud footsteps throughout the parking garage. i would recognize those steps anywhere. i turned and my thoughts were confirmed, there standing in the middle of the parking garage, was Sasha Minsk.

Sasha was my cousin. he had left our village when i was young to join the army. every other month or so we would always receive a letter from him. i was really close with him as a child. he had grown up in my family's home because of the death of his parents. he became an older brother to me. i don't know if he heard about the fire in our village or not. i kind of hope he has heard about it so that i do not have to be the bearer of bad news. Sasha slowly approached me and i did the same. it was as if we both weren't sure what we were seeing. when andrew noticed him i felt him stiffen. i ignored his strange behaviour and ran towards Sasha. i launched myself into his arms as i heard andrew growl lowly in his throat. i felt tears of gratefulness and joy gather in my eyes as i looked upon my cousin that i hadn't seen in nearly twelve years. Suddenly I am ripped from his embrace and pulled into another. I feel the sparks and know that it is Andrew who is holding me. I relax and squirm until I can look at his face and say, "Andrew I would like you to meet my cousin, Sasha."

Andrew immediately relaxes and lets out a deep breath. after Andrew realizes that Sasha does not mean either of us harm, he introduces himself and tries to make a good first impression.

After almost half an hour of making small talk with Sasha, I ask him what he is doing in America, he responds by pulling me into a hug and saying, "I'm here to take you and Jacob home."

thank you all for reading, i am truly shocked by the amount of people reading this, so thank you. sorry about how short this chapter is, i just wanted to get something out there. this chapter is dedicated to wishfulimagimation for voting and following me! i found a lot of really good books from your reading lists, so thank you. :) i am going to continue to dedicate each chapter to whoever votes/comments first, so.... vote, comment, recommend to your friends.... i don't know.....