Help

Boys danced around the fire, like they did practically every night nonstop. I sat beside Henry who had his back turned to the dancing. I was leaning my head against a tree, trying to keep my eyes open. So far that boy hasn't threatened me again and I was almost certain he didn't plan on doing it again. I couldn't help but be alert.

"Why aren't you celebrating?" Pan asks, walking over to us.

"There's nothing to celebrate" Henry and I say at the same time, it being more of a mumble when I said it.

Pan sits in between me and Henry, talking to Henry about some things which I tuned out by listening to the cheers and feet hitting the ground of the boys. I close my eyes, giving in to the need to rest them.

"Seraphina" I hear someone saying. It sounded like it was from a great distance, just an echo in an empty, desolate area. "Seraphina"

I shiver as I open my eyes, hugging my cloak closer to me for warmth and comfort. Pan was sitting beside me, Henry had gone off by himself to sit on a different log and the boys still danced around the fire in a circle.

I close my eyes again, trying to block out the brightness of the fire. "What?" I ask sleepily.

"That book, where is it?"

"I don't know" I say, yawning in between. "Why does it matter?"

"I need it"

I open my eyes and look at him. "That's not gonna happen. What's so important about it anyway?"

"Nothing you need to know love" he says with a smirk. The famous smirk he always had plastered on his face that made him look so handsome.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, a wave of magic hit the camp like a wave hitting the beach. It was instant, causing everyone except Pan and I to go unconscious. The fire had gone out, leaving the camp in complete darkness, except for the light that shone from the moon high in the sky.

I stand up, concerned and awake, while Pan stands up amused. "How can you be so calm?" I ask him.

"Someone's playing a game with me, a guessing game, my favourite kind"

I raise an eyebrow, looking at him like he had gone crazy. "Are you mad?"

He ignores me and calls out into the forest that surrounded the camp. "We have a guest! I wonder, who it could be..." he lights the fire, revealing Rumplestilskin standing across from us.

"How did you get on the island?" He asks me, shocked.

"I jumped through a portal when Henry was brought here" I answer, taking a couple steps forward.

I try to join him, wanting to get away from Pan, but Pan grabs onto my arm tightly. Pan starts talking to him as I try to release my arm from his death grip. I stopped abruptly when I heard the rustle of bushes from behind. A man with a crossbow came out of the trees, an arrow pointed directly at Pan.

"How come I wasn't affected by the spell?" I ask Rumplestilskin.

"I don't know dearie, why don't you try asking your mother"

I try and jerk my arm away from Pan, wanting to storm up to the man and punch him, but cannot tear my arm from Pan's grip and am left yelling. "You know full well that my mother is missing!"

"It's because of your magic love" Pan answers.

"Son, what are you waiting for?" Rumplestilskin asks the man.

"I've got this" he replies.

He shoots the arrow and Pan catches it, clearly not noticing that something black was spread onto the stick part of the arrow, not the tip. I wrench my arm out of Pan's hand and step back as he becomes paralyzed. The man grabs Henry, throwing the boy's limp body over his shoulder.

"Seraphina, have you found what you needed?" Rumplestilskin asks as we walk away from the camp.

"Yes, I found the book. Now, please tell me you guys have a way off this dreadful island"

"We do"

I sigh in relief as we make our way to a clearing that looked like a camp. The man puts Henry down and Rumplestilskin drags him into the forest, most likely to talk to him in privacy. I take the book out from my cloak and stare at the cover. My mother's handwriting was not easy to read, but to me I could read it as if it were any normal book. I bite my lip, considering the consequences of if I were to open in now. I decided against it, knowing that Pan was still out there. I shove it back into my cloak just as the the man returns to the camp.

"Are there any others with you?" I ask.

"Yeah, somewhere on the island"

"What happened to Rumplestilskin?"

"He needed some time alone"

Pan's voice startles me as it comes and goes. He and the lost boys appear, knives, crossbows, weapons of all sorts pointed at us. They surround us, one of them picking up Henry and Pan roughly grabbing onto my shoulder. I yank myself away from him and glare him dead in the eye. He simply snaps his fingers and I become just like Henry, unconscious.

I wake up, in the same treehouse as before, laughter filling the silence that is normally brought on by the night. I step outside, holding a hand to my head as I dizzily watch the boys dance around the fire. Only this time I noticed Pan was playing his flute, and Henry was dancing along to it, as if he could hear what was being played.

Pan had a smirk on his face, and it only grew when he looked at me outside the treehouse. I glared at him, wishing lasers would magically come from my eyes and turn him into ash or stone.

I mutter to myself through gritted teeth as he looks away from me, putting his attention back on the flute in his hands. "You think everything is a game. Well, this is one game you aren't going to win, not if I have anything to do about it"

What I didn't realize was that Pan already had his next move planned, and it would only bring me back to the start.