Ch. 13: About time

Misty almost tripped as she rushed over to the main door of the Ketchum's residence. She rang the doorbell God knows how many times.

"Ash!"

She brushed her bangs behind her ear. She was sure her French braid was completely ruined and her makeup was smeared, but she had more important things to worry about than her face right now.

The door opened. It was Reese. "Misty! Good to see you."

"Where is Ash?"

"It's fine, calm down." Reese placed a comforting hand on Misty's. "He's upstairs cleaning his bedroom. Calm down! Will you?"

"I'm calm." Misty breathed heavily. Reese got her inside, took out a napkin and wiped off the smeared eyeliner under her eyes.

"There, it's fine now." Reese giggled. "Is that the morning makeup? It's already the afternoon."

Misty just stared with a frown.

"You don't feel like joking?"

The redhead shook her head.

"Misty, it's alright." Reese smiled sympathetically. "It's not the end of the world. It's only a misunderstanding."

"I'm not sure anymore." Misty sighed and rushed upstairs. Reese watched her with wide eyes. Young love was... amazing.

"ASH! OPEN THE DOOR!"

Reese put her hand over her mouth. "I better stay around."

When the door swung open, Misty got inside instantly. She was the one who slammed it shut, and Ash just kept staring at her.

"Wha-"

"It's not true!" She shouted, flailing her arms everywhere. "What I said to Gary—I was mad—I was lost—I didn't mean it—It's not true—It has nothing to do with reality—it was for myself—I had no idea you felt the same—but you stopped coming to school—I thought it was my fault—I called but—I know you're mad at me-"

"Misty!" Ash called out with a chuckle. "Calm down!"

"Why is everyone telling me to calm down?"

"Because you're shivering and shouting!"

Misty remained silent. She put her hands down.

Ash pulled her close. Misty looked up and stared into his eyes. He placed his hands over her upper arms. "See? You're calm now."

"I was-"

"I know." Ash nodded quickly. "Gary just called me. I know."

Misty snapped. "It's unbelievable!" She pulled away from him. "I thought guys didn't talk much! Why do you two gossip so much? Why do you talk so much? It's a girl thing!"

Ash blinked. "We do?"

"YES!"

"I don't know. I grew up with Gary. We share everything."

"Hey Ash! I bought a new jacket!"

Ash laughed. "That's not-"

"Hey Gary! Look at my selfie! Hey Ash! I think I like a girl! Hey Gary! I went out with Misty today! Hey Ash! Misty told me she likes me and not you! Hey Gary! I hate Misty right now!"

"We don't talk like that."

"Don't interrupt me!" Misty huffed. "Hey Ash! Misty is coming right now to your house!"