Chapter 2

PICTURE OF TAYLOR RENOLDS ON THE SIDE -------------------->

Taylor and I some how made it into the building and to our seats just as the concert was beginning. Everything was dark and I bumped into a total of four people as I tried to make my way to my seat.

"Come on Pheobs, we're right here." Taylor whispers, pulling me down into our front row seats.

We wait for a moment or two, then the spot lights come on and I see five boys run onto the stage, grins on their handsome faces. I try not to focus on the fact that Taylor and I have front row seats right in front of the stage, or on how close Louis is once he stands at the front of the stage.

He looks our way once or twice, but doesn't lead on to knowing me, and I'm slightly thankful but annoyed at the same time. I mean, how can he not remember me? I've only been in the US for six years, but to me, it feels like I'm still in secondary school, being called 'fat' and 'ugly', by his idiotic friends.

"Thank you New York, you've been a lovely crowd." The curly haired band member says into his microphone as he smiles widely at the crowd, causing screams to erupt.

Soon, the lights go off, and Taylor and I wait a few moments, until the area is slightly less crowded. Then, we head towards the main lobby, where the exits are. As we walk past the lobby, towards the main entrance/exit, Taylor grabs my arm, holding me back. I turn around and raise an eyebrow.

"What is it Taylor?" I ask ,turning fully to face her.

"They're taking pictures." Taylor murmurs, her eyes never leaving the five band members, who are currently in the middle of a mob of fans. Taylor turns to me with pleading eyes.

My mouth hangs open. "You cannot be serious." I groan. "Come on Tay, there's, like, hundreds of  fans surrounding them. Waiting in line for a picture can take up to an hour or two."

Taylor continues to stare at me with wide eyes. She soon sticks out her bottom lip, pouting like a puppy, waiting to be given a treat. After a moment or two of resistence, I can no longer take her begging look.

"Fine, we'll wait in line for a freakin' picture." I groan, dragging her to the end of a very long line.

Finally, about 45 minutes later, Taylor and I are next in line. We walk up to the five boys and I instantly move to the opposite side of where Louis is standing. I turn towards the one taking the picture, and feel an arms wrap around my shoulders. After a picture or two, I shrug off the arm and turn to glare at the curly haired Brit, who looked at me with a playful smirk.

"What's your name love?" He asks, continuing to smirk down at me.

I roll my eyes at his lame attempt at flirting. Well, he may not neccessarily been flirting, but telling him my name was the last thing I wanted to do. Especially with Louis 'the-one-that-made-my-childhood-hell' Tomlinson was standing not even two feet away.

"Sorry Curly," I say, giving him the nickname curly since I didn't really know his name. I mean, I've heard some of their songs, but I didn't know who they were, personality wise at least. "But I don't really see any reason for me telling you my name."

Before Curly can say something, probably something cheeky, I usher Taylor away, towards the front exit. Even after Caleb picks us up, Taylor keeps complaining on how I 'ruined-a-perfect-chance-to-talk-to-the-One-Direction.' But quite frankly, I didn't give. I mean, I love Taylor and I'm happy she got to meet her favorite band, but did it have to be the band I hated the most?

"Hey, do you guys wanna stop to eat somewhere? It's nine, so most places are still open." Caleb says, keeping his eyes trained on the road in front of him.

"Um..." I trail off, allowing Taylor to answer.

"Let's go to Nando's." Taylor answers quickly, a dreamy look on her face.

I know why she wants to go. Every time we go to Nando's, Taylor brings up how Naill, at least I think that's his name, loves it and how it's his favorite place to eat.

"You know Tay, Nando's may be packed. I mean, think of all the One Direction fans going over there, hoping that they'll somehow beat the million to some chance that they'll be able to meet One Direction." I say logically, continuing to look out the car window.

"As if, I heard for a fact that no One Direction fans will be at Nando's tonight." Taylor says, pride clear in her voice.

I turn to her and raise an eyebrow.

"What do you mean?"

Her smile grows. "I mean, apparently One Direction tweeted a few minutes ago that they're all heading over to some new restaurant somwehere else in New York. So most Directioners are heading over there to see of they can catch even a glimpse of One Direction."

I squint my eyes, not believing her."Then why do you want to go to Nando's? I mean, I would've thought you to make us go to this new restaurant so you could see One Direction again."

Taylor rolls her eyes. "I may be a die hard fan, but I know when to quit. I mean, they need their privacy too."

I smile at Taylor. "Wow Tay, you sounded so mature and not like some crazy One Direction fangirl."

Taylor smirks. "Why thank you."

"To Nando's then?" Caleb asks, already turning onto the street where Nando's is located.

"To Nando's." Taylor cheers, laughing all the while.

"To Nando's." I say, smiling and chuckling lightly at Taylor's usual behavior.

Even then I should have known things weren't going to go accourding to plan. I should have already been used to the universe's spite...