A Trip to the Museum

New York City, Present day

"Hurry Claire, We're going to  be late for the museum!" my mom yelled.

"Coming mom," I said.

Me and my mom were meeting my six year old cousin at The Metropolitan Museum of Art that day. I had been counting the days to go to the museum to look at all of the art work.

We went down the elevator and walked out into the busy streets. People in business suits had cellphone's or a blue tooth in their ear were walking down the streets trying to get to work and tourist were taking pictures of everything. It was still pretty early in the morning, but no matter what time of day the sidewalk was crowded in New York City.

"Taxi!" my mom yelled.

When one finally came we got in , but I wish the traffic wasn't bad at this time of day. It would have been much easier if we had walked.

When we finally pulled up to the Museum my cousin came running at me. She grabbed my navy blue dress and held on. I picked her up and spun her around.

"Wow Sadie you got so big," I say putting her down.

She had a soft blond hair and grey eyes. she was wearing a pink dress with black shoes 

"That's right," she looked up at me, " I just started kindergarten!"

"Really?" I said.

"Yup," she smiled at me.

"You're going to take care of her right Claire?" asked my Aunt as she walked up to me.

"Of course I will," I said trying to look responsible.

"I'm sure she will," said my mom.

She smiled and looked down at her watched, "Well I better be getting to work."

After she left, the three of us went inside. Mom got us tickets at the front desks and we started to walk around.  

"Lets go in here first!" my mom said.

"But mom I wanted to see the Renascences painting!" I yelled.

"Oh just go in here first," she walked toward the exhibit.

"Fine" I said with a gloom face.

Mom and Sadie waked over to a display of old jewelry sold by Merchants from Renaissance times, but something caught my eye. There were two statutes in the corner of the room where they have displays from The Dark Ages. One was a teenage boy and the other was an older man. I walked over to to get a closer view.  It looked like the boy was running away from the older man. His head was turned and he had his arm raised like he was throwing something. He was dressed in a simple tunic and his hair was long and messy. As for the older man he was wearing a more expensive tunic, a beret and he was holding a rock . Then I saw how  they were connected. The boy had been running from the other man and he threw a rock at him ,but he somehow caught it. 

"Interesting," I say to myself.

I stood there looking at the display for awhile when my mom wanted to move on to the next room.  I couldn't help,but think of the display. It was kind of weird seeing it there. I mean why would an artist carve that? Especially seen this was made in The Dark Ages.

As we were walking I felt something in the pit of my stomach. It was a tingling feeling. I stop in my tracks.

I wasn't even thinking I just blurted it out, "Mom can I stay here for awhile?!"

She turned around,"What? Why?"

"Well I don't know, I just want look around here more." I told her.