Chapter 2

NEW CHAPTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Due to the very nice comments I got from my friends I’ve decided to carry on with the storyJ

Oh and this chapter is dedicated to SaraSlytherinChild for her encouragementJ

*also from now on I’ve decided I will be writing a paragraph of Kyra’s journal each chapter. They won’t always be on the day she wrote them but from the past too and will contain important things for the story so you must read them.

Glossary:

MT- Stage one of The Tower, Members of the Tower (like members of parliament) who along with The Order deal with serious cases such as murder.

The Tower: a tower in the centre of The Guild where politicians work.

Scholars: Stage 1 of The Tower they basically did everything anyone of higher ranking told them to.

Squires: Stage 2 of The Tower they dealt with important documents, paperwork and filing.

Servers: Stage 3 of The Tower who dealt with all the small cases such as not paying your taxes.

Magistrates: Stage 4 of The Tower who dealt with medium cases such as theft and adultery.

Chapter 2

The Journals of Kyra Farenheight

February 1st 2435

The Oder says that The Old World was known as Earth. I don’t understand who would be incompetent enough to name our planet after the dirty, brown stuff used to nourish our plants. But I am glad we no longer call it that.

The New World is now known as Cinis Mortuorum. The Order says it means the earth reborn in Latin a language that was not widely known by many in the New World and is practically extinct now.

Kyra listened solemnly to the MT who had come all the way from The Tower to lecture them, her hand scribbled furiously across her notebook trying to keep up with the MT’s voice.

 Looking up briefly for a moment she frowned at Iris who was sitting in the seat next to her filing away at her already perfect nails like having an MT actually talk to THEM wasn’t a big thing. Which it was!

An MT was the highest distinction you could get apart from being a member of The Order which was impossible. To become an MT you had to work yourself up all the stages and that took years but nether the less Kyra was determine to reach the high ranking status she felt she deserved.

First there were the Scholars, the lowly interns that basically did everything everyone told them to do without complaining. They were followed by the Squires who were in charge of taking care of all the paperwork and filing. Then the Servers who took care of all the petty stuff like unpaid loans and taxes etc.

Next there were the Magistrates who took care of the slightly more important things life theft and adultery.  Finally there were the MT’s who along with The Order took care of all the important things like murder and refusal to follow The Marriage Law.

It was Kyra’s dream to one day be a MT, which was why she was so furious that Iris wasn’t paying attention. She had it lucky everyone knew that those who were on friendly terms with an MT found it a lot easier to work him or herself up to the top, and Iris had it as easy as her mother was one and her father was an actual member of The Order.

There were over fifty MT’s but only thirteen members of The Order, and Iris’s father was one of them. Iris, who would probably be an MT with a year or two while, she patiently worked herself up.