Chapter Two: You Saw a What?!

That evening at the hotel, the gang all headed off to their apartment rooms, and got settled in for the night, awaiting for the vacation they've been seeking for.

The rooms the gang were staying in were coloured in apple-red, orange and pale yellow, while the floor was covered in a beautifully patterned rug. Expensive paintings covered the walls and various statues and vases graced the room here and there. A huge wet bar was located in one corner; a dining table of oak wood was set near a bay of windows, surrounded by comfortable padded chairs. An arrangement of black roses were over in a vase at the centre of the table. On the right side of the room was a doorway that led off to a hallway where the bedrooms were located. To the left side of the room and set before a huge wall screen TV was a half circle of comfortable couches and an elegant coffee table in the middle.

Fred slept with Shaggy and Scooby, whilst Daphne and Velma slept together. Braedey, Valka, and Kat were also sleeping in one room, but the Martin duo managed to get their Siamese friend through security without them noticing.

Soon, it was midnight. The moon rose up high in the night sky, as stars twinkled above everyone's heads. The gang had all gone to sleep, all of them sleeping comfortably in their beds. The only sounds that could be heard were the light blow of the wind outside, along with the light ticking from the alarm clock.

But, in the middle of the night, Braedey could her something in the night. It sounded like someone was singing, and it was coming from outside. It was heavenly and soothing. He got out of bed, changes out of his sleepwear, and heads out to see who was singing outside, and at this time of the night.

He followed the sound of the singing, but to his surprise, nobody that was out on the streets seemed to hear it. It was as if it was only directed to him, and him alone. He follows the sound of the singing to the beach, wondering what or whoever might be the one that might be singing.

He sat down on the beach nearby some rocks, listening to the heavenly singing. He felt like a weight has been lifted off of his shoulders, as a gentle sea breeze blew around him. He then looked towards some rocks nearby the bay, and he thought he could see something sitting on a flat rock. He narrowed his eyes, and they widen in shock of what he could see.

Sitting on the rock was what appeared to be a woman, but instead of a pair of slender legs, it has a sleek and slender fish-like tail for the bottom half

Sitting on the rock was what appeared to be a woman, but instead of a pair of slender legs, it has a sleek and slender fish-like tail for the bottom half. Braedey could not believe what he was seeing. But, he knew he should to take a photo of this, and show this to the others in the morning. He took out a small camera from inside of his left arm, and focused on this form.

But, just as he clicked the shutter button, taking the picture, and a plane flies overhead, making the figure dive under the water with a quiet splash. Braedey looked up and saw a Boeing 737 fly overhead to the nearby airport, then look back at the rocks, only to see that the figure was gone. He sighed, then saw the camera took the picture right before the plane flew overhead.