Chapter 2

If I had a piece of gold everytime I heard that I would have a hoard larger than Smaug. No doubt some of my siblings have prayed for the ground to crack open and swallow them. Hypocrites. We are all sullied with sin. I smirked.

"I'm not your daddy last night," I replied.

The demon's barbed tail swished back and forth. He snarled and fired his gun. I jumped to the side. The bullet grazed my head. Let's get the party started!

"Guys, I'd like you to meet Cupcake and Sprinkles," I said and two weapons materialized in my hands.

Everyone laughed. Fools. Everyone has weapons named "dragon slayer," oblivion", or "soul reaper", but what enemy can live down the shame of being slain by "Cupcake" and "Sprinkles"? I flicked my wrist. The clock on the wall stopped ticking.

Everyone stood in place like statues. Excellent. I ran towards the demon. Each step felt heavy like I was racing through wet cement. I swung my battle-axes.

The axes severed the demon's head and torso. Blood splattered all over my face, the floor and walls. My stomach growled. Damn. I should have drunk some blood while waiting for Leviathan.

I just hoped she was safe. The metallic stench wafted in the air. My mouth watered. Just focus. I willed time to start.

The air rushed out of my lungs. Time magick had to be used sparingly as using too frequently took a heavy toll on the body. I had to act fast. The demons charged at me. Five demons remained.

It is nothing that I can't handle―I have been in worse predicaments. My palms burned. Golden flames consumed my battle axes. Schlemiel number two swung a large circular blade at my throat. He had an aura blade―impressive.

I stepped to the side. The aura blade sliced through the desk completely. Damn it! He just destroyed a family antique. I swung my battle axes at his arms.

Schlemiel number two deflected the attack. Son of a—Out of the corner of my eye, schlemiel number three headed towards me. I spun around. My heart pounded.

Schlemiel number three tossed several spheres of blood at me. He used blood magick. That can be used to my advantage. I smirked. He needed a taste of his own magick.

The blood spheres stopped in place. I looked at Schlemiel number three. His eyes widened. The blood spheres flew straight at Schlemiel number three. They slammed right into him.

Schlemiel number three stumbled back and fell through the window. I chuckled. He shouldn't have tried to play with the big boys. A boot slammed into my chest. Crack!

My back slammed against the wall. I gasped. My ribs were broken. Schlemiel number two grinned. He sauntered towards me.

I rose to my feet. Black auras with flecks of gold and red surrounded the remaining schlemiels. Such auras last appeared when— Impossible! I killed him and tore his soul out.

But the truth stared me in the face. I took a deep breath. My lungs ached. I had to do something. But what?

"Any last words?" One of the schlemiels asked.

Time for these fools to be buried six feet under.

"Fuck you," I said and then grinned.

My wings unfurled behind me. Cast aside the mundane flesh and assume a holy form. An explosion of light filled the room. They screamed. I looked around.

They were vaporized. Excellent. I flew towards the window. Screams pierced the air. People ran down the street and trampled over the dead bodies.

The stench of blood wafted in the air. I gritted my teeth. Fiends. Those who preyed upon the innocent and the weak had to be punished. I had to change.

My current form killed anyone who was not El Shaddai, Lumen members, and Seraphim. Two of my wings covered my eyes. I took a deep breath. Shed the blesséd flesh and reveal my true form. The air howled.

Warmth consumed my entire body. I landed on my feet. My wings uncovered my eyes. The room spun. I clutched my head.

I opened my satgick—a magick satchel. Thankfully, the universe was created by a fantasy nerd. I scrolled through the inventory. Where is it? The satgick needed to be properly organized.

I added that to my to-do list. After a few minutes, I found it. Crimson goodness. No doubt, you gave me that look. This person is psychologically disturbed look.

But I am not deranged. As a half se'ir—I had to drink blood in order to survive. My mouth watered. I pulled out the blood bottle. The cold bottle chilled my fingers.

I pulled the cork and chugged the bottle down. My head stopped aching. I put the cork into the bottle and put it back into the satgick. Vanish. The satgick returned to the hammerspace.

Time to commit justifiable homicides! I jumped out of the window and landed on my feet. All the streetlights and windows exploded. Glass rained down on me. I shielded my head.

Great. I just loved bumblefucking around in the dark when murderous demons are on the prowl. My heart skipped a beat. I walked. Broken glass crunched underneath my boots.

Whispers filled the air. I spun around. Suddenly, a red magick seal appeared in four directions. Glowing white eyes peered at me. Oh, fuck me!