Chapter One: The Argument

(Lucy's P.O.V)

It was a warm, sunny morning, I decided to head to the guild and see if Nastu wanted to go on a quick job. As I was walking along the river with Plue, I heard one of the fishermen yell for me to be careful not to fall in.

"Thank you, I won't!" I cheerfully yelled back with a smile and a wave. I'm so lucky to have so many people care about me. I almost didn't realize I was at the guild until I had to stop so I didn't run into the doors.

"Good morning!" I greeted as I entered the guild. I got a mixture of replies all along the same line. I spotted Nastu talking to Levy and decided to sneak up on them. Right before I reached them I heard them say something that broke my heart.

"I don't know if I want Lucy coming on missions with me and the team anymore," said Natsu.

"Yeah, she did get really injured on you guys' last mission," agreed Levy.

"I think I'm gonna ask her to leave team Natsu."

"What?" I choked out. My eyes filled with tears. How could they say this? Why would they say this? I thought they were my friends. Levy noticed me behind Natsu and gasped, causing Natsu to turn around.

"Lu-chan/Luce-"

"Save it! I don't need your excuses," I said as I put my hand up.

"But Luce it's not what you think!" Natsu argued.

"Oh, so you weren't talking about asking me to leave team Natsu?" I yelled. By now we had the attention of the entire guild. Natsu couldn't argue with that because that is exactly what they were talking about.

"I didn't realize you thought I was that weak!" I yelled with tears streaming down my face. " If I was that much of a burden you should've just said so!"

"Luce, I just don't wanna have to worry about saving you or in general on missions!" Natsu had a look of horror on his face as soon as the words left his mouth.

"If I'm such an issue, I'll just leave!" I screamed raising my right hand in the air, forcing my Fairy Tail insignia off. "I'll be back Natsu Dragneel! And I'll be strong enough to beat you and anyone else who thinks I'm weak!" Then before anyone can react I disappeared, and everything went black.

A/n I don't own Fairy Tail or it's characters Hiro Mashima does! I also don't own the pictures used, their respective artists do.