CHAPTER 2- Truth or Dare

Chapter 2 is dedicated to FluffyBunny for making me lol on every page! Also, to anyone who has ever been in a canoe with someone who finds it funny to flip it (^.^)

I forgot to put a disclaimer on the first chapter, but here it is now...my characters are teenage boys, so they're going to cuss...like a LOT. You have been warned ><

Chapter 2- Truth or Dare

~Jake~

"Sit down!"

"I'm not fucking around, dammit!"

"Stand up one more time...see what happens."

"Were you born this stupid?!"

"Switch with me Laney, please!"

"Don't you even think ab—"

Splash!

"I'm going to KILL you, you mother fucking shit brick! I'm going to rip your—EEEEEEEEEEK!"

I was already laughing so hard at the temper tantrum Josh was throwing after I tipped us in the water for the fourth time that I almost threw up when he let out the girliest screech I've ever heard. My stomach was spasming, tears were streaming down my face, and I couldn't breathe.

He looked like a spooked horse that forgot how its legs worked. His eyes were bugging out of his head, lips pulled back in a grimace, and he was scrambling at the overturned canoe, trying (and failing hilariously) to climb on top of its domed back.

The rest of the group had already rounded the bend in the river up ahead, probably tired of stopping to deal with our theatrics every five minutes.

"Dude—" I couldn't get out a complete sentence I was still laughing so hard.

"I told you—the fish—can't—hurt you," I choked out between snorts.

"Snake!"

My head snapped up, laugh cut off mid-chortle. "What?"

He was still scrambling at the canoe, his upper body and one leg out of the water and the other leg frantically kicking and splashing without finding purchase.

"Josh. Are you serious?"

He finally pulled himself completely on top of the canoe. His balance seemed kind of precarious, but he turned his head in my direction and dropped his voice a few octaves.

"There's a mother fucking snake in this mother fucking lake!"

"We're in a river!"

"River doesn't rhyme!"

"Where is it?!" I didn't know my voice went that high.

"Jake..." He was staring at me, his eyes wide again.

"What?! What?!" Who was that squeaking? Oh right...me.

"Move very slowly to the left."

Goosebumps broke out all over my skin. I kept my eyes straight ahead. No way was I looking...nope, no way. The water was only four feet deep here, and I'd been treading water since we fell in. I planted my feet on the rocky river bed and slowly stood up, taking a small step to my left.

"Stop! I meant my left! My left!"

Josh and the canoe were only five feet in front of me. I could totally make it in a single bound. Superman ain't got nothin' on me!

I watched Josh's face transform from wide eyed terror to narrow eyed fury as he realized what I was about to attempt.

"Don't you dare!" He hissed at me.