04.

"I don't even know if I can walk another step." I breathed heavily, grabbing onto the wall for support.

"We haven't even made it to the parking lot." Cara laughed.

I looked back to the top of the staircase. "That's easy for you to say, I never wear heels." I rubbed my ankle already feeling blisters forming.

"Let's go." She smirked mischievously, tugging my arm.

"Cara, I'm not really sure about this." I said nervously while she looked for her keys in her hand bag.

"You gotta live a little, Roslyn! When was your last party?!" She somewhat shook me, then proceeded to unlock the car.

I stared at her, uncomfortable under her gaze.

"I've never been to a party." I quietly stated, looking down at my heels, the loose gravel moving underneath as I scooted away from her.

"You've never been to a party? You have so much to experience." She gushed, and opened the passenger door of her 2004 Mazda. It was a charcoal gray. I got in and began to contemplate whether or not I should run away. Cara got in,"You ready?" She put her key into the ignition and turning it, along with the turning of my stomach. I was nervous.

"Hey, lighten up. It'll be fun!" She gave me a reassuring smile. Cara put the car in reverse and we headed to God knows where. She didn't necessarily give too many details.

The dorms got further and further as we headed more down the cleared out streets.

***

After five minutes of driving in circles for a parking spot, Cara was pleased to had found one somewhat near the front. "Welcome to your first party." Her seat belt was unbuckled quite quickly if you ask me. I unbuckled mine, feeling my only source of protection from this nightmare.

"Hurry! Bruno and the guys are inside!" A hint of annoyance was evident in her tone.

"Take it easy, yeah?" I sighed.

"I'm sorry, it's just-I want you to have a good time."

"It's fine." Sad thing was, I wasn't fine. I wanted to be back in my dorm, I'm not the party type. I never really had been. I looked above me, figuring out we were at the guys' dorm.

"Hey pristine! Ya made it!" I recognised Bruno's voice instantly. He was holding a red solo cup and chewing his gum. He chewed it like an asshole, the sight was intoxicating I had to say.

"Don't call me that." I rolled my eyes, and looked in his direction again.

I noticed his other friend was next to him. "Oh yeah, princess, this is Phil."

Phil stuck out his hand, as he did I got a brief whiff of cigarettes.

"Hello... Princess?" He said unsure.

"Roslyn." I corrected him, but not too rudely.

"Ah, pleasure to be of your acquaintance." He said, still holding onto my hand.

Bruno interloped and said loudly, "I don't know if you guys know this, but we're kind of a big deal."

"Oh really? You don't say?" I said sounding a little too sarcastic.

"I mean, yeah. We're like the kings of campus."

I stepped closer to him, because he was blocking the entrance. "Yeah, and I'm queen of the parking lot."

"Oh, would you like to come in, princess?" He moved away from the entrance.

"Gladly." I stated.

I walked inside, and Cara followed after me. I pushed past the sweaty college kids. I heard quite a few mumbled things about me, but I didn't care.

"What was that all about?" She scoffed, and grabbed my arm.

"His personality is terrible!" I spat, yanking my arm from her grasp.

"You can't just act like that."

"Well, it was about time someone did." I sat on the first couch I saw, not wanting to stand in these heels any longer.

Cara took one last look at me, and Phil walked up to her. She linked her arm with his, and with that she was gone.

The air reeked of booze and complete shame. The rambunctious college students danced, and the music was practically exploding my ear drums. As I was about to get up, I felt the couch sink in next to me. I noticed Bruno was looking at me intently. He placed his hand on my leg, "So pristine, are ya having a good time?"

"Why are you still talking to me? Don't you have some other girl you should be talking to?" His facial expression looked pained, as if my statement had struck a nerve.

I attempted to stand up, but he pulled me back down again, so that I was on his lap. "Nah, I don't. Rosyln, what's the matter with you?" He said. His hold was strong on me.

With many attempts I broke free and ran towards the way I got in. I couldn't find Cara, I stripped my heels off and began running. I didn't know where, but I'd rather be anywhere else but there.

"ROSLYN!" Bruno's voice called after me. I glanced back and sure enough he was running after me.

I exited the building, but wasn't exactly sure of where I would go. Complete darkness took over the parking lot. The only source of light came from the multiple street lights from across the street and the large moon that shined brightly over the starry nighttime sky above the city of New York. I hesitated, and made a turn for the left side of the building, but soon discovered that I was already much too late, because somebody roughly pushed me against the building's brick wall. I winced slightly at the pain.

I looked up, and realized that it was Bruno, though it didn't startle me the least bit. His body stood dangerously close to mine, and our lips were only centimeters from touching. I felt his hot breath hit the skin on my my neck. He stood so close, I could just smell the strong aroma of alcohol and cigarettes on him. He slowly inched his face closer to mine, and I stood completely still, as if even the smallest movement would set him off immediately.

His hot breath came out in pants against my lips, sending nothing but pure nervousness down my spine.

"What do you want?" I whispered.

A chuckle escaped from his lips. "You."

Bruno pulled me by the waist and kissed me hungrily. I tried so hard to resist, yet I was still too weak. His lips were so damn intoxicating and I couldn't get enough. I ran my fingers through his curls, and he pressed me against the wall once again.

Ten minutes ago, I hated Bruno and wanted nothing to do with him. It was as if all that hatred was taken away and was now replaced with passion filled actions that only consisted of our lips being moulded together.

"Rosyln." Bruno mumbled into my mouth. He licked my bottom lip, and I didn't hesitate to allow him access. I grabbed his neck and pulled his lips closer into mine, if that was even possible.

His lips traveled down onto the skin of my neck. He began biting down slowly, I held onto his torso.

"Bruno." I breathed. He sucked harshly, making me feel dizzy. But it was a good kind of dizzy.

It felt as if we were the only two people in the world. No one existed. Not his friends, not my friends. Except Cara. Oh my God, Cara. The last time I had seen her, she left with Phil. I have to find her.

"Bruno, stop." I attempted to push him off of me.

"You talk too much." He kissed me again with as much force as the first time. I wanted to kiss back, I couldn't. I had to find Cara.

"I have to find Cara." I exhaled. I walked away, my mind was in shambles. What just happened?

_________________________

Hello babies! x

How do you like the story so far? We appreciate your support. And thank you so much for reading. We'll try and update as much as possible. Much love. xx

- Maddie (wastedmars)