1.02: chapter eleven

S C O T T

"Connor?" I snapped, and instantly, all the noise faded. Everyones' heads whipped towards me and I flushed, "What the hell are you doing here, man?"

Connor grinned and the whole team laughed, making me furrow my eyebrows. Connor had never met the team, nor any of the team members. Yet, when I came out, he was surrounded by them and they were all grinning and laughing. (Apparently not laughing at him but with him).

"Connor's fucking hilarious," one guy I recognized as Jay said, grinning at me. I glared and his grin just widened as he slung an arm around Connor's shoulders, "he just started telling us about your baby stories."

"No," I hissed, glaring at Connor, "no way."

And there really was no way in hell Connor would ever tell my future team my baby stories.

I had been friends with Connor since as long as I could remember. And since we had been friends for so long, that meant he basically knew everything about me and my life. He had been there when I couldn't hold a hockey stick properly, when I had gone through my dorky phase. He even knew I slept with a teddy bear until I was eight. And no - there wasn't a chance he'd be telling those stories.

"Oh come on!" Connor said and all the guys cheered in agreement with him, making me glare even harder at my best friend. Connor just grinned at me, "Oh! I could always tell the story about Mr. Wiggles - "

"Mr. Wiggles?" Jay asked, wiggling his eyebrows at me, "As 'yer future teammates, we deserve to hear this story."

And my heart swelled at that, if I was to be honest. Jay had said they were my future teammates, and that made me extremely happy. I had grown fond of most of the guys on my team, and I loved hearing that. But - no matter how happy I was - no one was going to hear a story about my teddy bear.

I scratched the back of my neck, face flushed bright red, "I - uh. I - we have to go. I'm pretty sure you forgot to feed the cat, Con."

Connor smirked, "We don't have a cat."

I stomped down the steps and pushed my way through the group. I put an arm around Connor's shoulders and led him away, "Then let's go buy one," he opened his mouth to protest but I jerked him to the side, "all right, nice chat. See you guys in a bit."

"I expect to hear the story about Mr. Wiggles next practice!" Jay shouted, and my face flushed even darker red, if possible."

I ducked my head and led Connor quickly through the hallways until we got into the parking lot. I pushed him forward and slid into the drivers seat, a pout on my lips. I wasn't really mad at Connor - he was my best friend and I didn't usually get really pissed off at him. But I was a bit annoyed.

"My car," Connor groaned, grabbing the door to keep me from shutting it, "you asked me to come pick you up."

"That was before you told them about the teddy bear. Now, I'm driving," I said, taking the keys from him.

Connor got in the passenger side and smirked at me, making me shoot a glare back at him. I didn't mind the teammates hearing whatever he said - after a few rough practices, I knew they'd eventually shut up. I just thanked God Elle wasn't at this practice because I couldn't imagine what she would say if she heard what Connor had said.

I backed out of his parking space and Con leaned back in my seat, propping my feet up on the dashboard. Connor was still smirking and all I wanted was to do something to make him stop. I hated it when he had something over me - like the chance to tell my teammates about the stuffed teddy bear that sat on the foot of my bed.