I'm Gonna Do My Thing

"If I'm too hot to handle, baby
drop the heat, cause this is me"

"I'm going to give you three seconds to get that damn gun out of my face before I shove it up your ass and shoot

"I'm going to give you three seconds to get that damn gun out of my face before I shove it up your ass and shoot." A woman growled, glaring at the man standing before her, his handgun pushed against her temple.

The woman was Veronica Weir, a twenty-eight year old ex-cop who now ran an entire safe-zone community with her brother, Michael and best friend, James. She had been through a-lot the past few years with human-kind becoming an endangered species and a large quantity of the survivors now looking to her for guidance.

"You should really watch your mouth, girlie. Only reason you're still breathing is because boss man wants to talk to the assholes that stole our shit, and he ain't the type to let those disrespectful threats slide. Now kneel." The armed man warned, shoving the gun into her temple again.

"That's it." She mumbled as she twisted around, grabbed the gun and whacked it into his nose. Blood immediately began to pour from the man's obviously broken nose as he stumbled backwards into the surrounding group.

"You fucking bitch!" He snarled, glaring as she casually tossed the gun to the side and moved into a kneeling position.

"I warned you." She smirked, glancing sideways at the rest of her kneeling group to view their subtle sniggers, finding pride in that she managed to still amuse them regardless of their current situation.

Said situation was one that probably could have been avoided had Veronica not stolen three trucks full of supplies from the large group currently surrounding them, but her group was just as large and severely low on supplies, so she figured they needed the supplies more. They would've gotten away with it too had she not found a radio inside one of the trucks and used it to taunt the person on the receiving end. The man, who had referred to himself as Negan, grew tired of their daily banter and swore that he would find her and punish her group for their theft.

The bleeding man stormed forward, collecting his weapon before turning his attention back to the ex-cop. "Can I kill her?" He growled, looking toward an older man who seemed entertained by the entire scenario.

"No Joseph, you can't." The older man spoke up, walking toward the line-up. "I believe she is the one Negan is most interested in." He smirked, kneeling in front of her. "Veronica, right?" He questioned, studying her face.

"Bingo." She responded, maintaining eye contact throughout his attempt at intimidating her. "Nice 'stache." She added with a smirk, causing him to raise a brow as he stood again.

"I like you, it's a shame Negan's probably gonna beat the crap out of your pretty little face." He retorted, causing Veronica to laugh.

"He can try." She grinned, watching as a black truck, similar to the ones she stole, pulled up to the group. The man she wounded began to chuckle madly as he walked back into the crowd, indicating to her that the truck most likely was occupied by Negan.