Summer Ends, Drama Starts

I groaned as I fell off my bed, maybe life isn't so great. I grab my clock and threw it across the room like a monster.

After brushing my teeth, taking a shower, etc, I put on my shoes and throw my backpack on. "Bye mom, bye dad..." I lifelessly bid my parents goodbye as they didn't say anything because they're Asian parents, what do you expect?

Hey, I'm Jennifer Lee, known as Jenni or Jen, today's the first day of 6th grade...that means that Summer Break ended, I wonder how this year will go, unlike last year when I got caught sneaking into school campus.

"Hey, Jenni!" I turn around lazily and there she was, my best friend, Vanessa Phapilom. "What did you do for summer break?" She ask as we sat on a bench just waiting for the bell to ring.

"Nothing, literally. But at least I get to touch my phone and eat some pizza." I said while laying my head on my arms, "What did you do?"

She sniff and clear her throat, "I, and due to all respect, met a girl online, so now, we're friends." I scoff.

"Interesting. Anyways, where's Atson, Nathaniel, Vianey, and Ricky?" I ask and Vanessa shrugged. As I was about to yawn, the bell ring and I stood up and stretch popping my knuckles and back.

"Let's go, we're going to be late for class."

We walk into our classroom and sat down at a table. The table was suitable for 5 people only so I'm thinking that maybe either Atson, Nathaniel, Vianey, or Ricky could fill up that one extra seat.

"Alright, good morning class. I'm Mr. Ortega, known as Coach Ed, well, just call me Mr. Ortega, and now we are going to start attendance. When I say your name, play say present, here, or raise your hand."

My teacher kept saying names as students respond with here or present until he called out two very unfamiliar names.

"Deven Marshall and Kika Vang?" I saw a boy and girl awkwardly raise their hands, hmm, new students, eh?

"Okay, now that we are done with this, let's get assign to our seats!" Mr. Ortega said loudly that my eardrums  were about to explode. "Okay! Atson, Deven, Kika, Vanessa, and Jennifer, please settle at table 5."

I move to a seat between Atson and Vanessa and the transfer student AWKWARDLY come sit right in front of us, it was even more awkward because there was complete silence between us, so I started a conversation.

"Hey, you guys must be new students, I'm Jennifer Lee, nice to meet you. What's your names?" I ask and they both look up at me and the boy smiled while the girl smiled a little bit.

"Nice to meet you too, I'm Deven Marshall. I know it's kinda awkward right now." The kid, Deven, said and I giggled and then look at the girl.

The girl was startled at me looking at her and I smiled, "Um..hi, I'm Kika, Kika Vang." New fact, she's got the same last name as my mom's.

"Woah, you got the same last name as my mom's, wow, and this Vanessa Phapilom, my best friend." I point at Vanessa who hasn't spoke a word at all. "And this is Atson, I can't really say his last name so yeah. And um, I'm 10, how old are you guys?" I pointed to Atson then ask my question.

"I'm 11, just turned last month." Deven said and Atson suddenly explode. 

"I'M 11 TOO!" He said loudly and I face palm myself. 

"Sorry, he's kinda weird, I mean something is wrong with him, he need to go to mental asylum." I said and Deven and Kika laugh as I heard Vanessa chuckled, wonder why she's not talking, she's got a really big mouth. 

"Oh, Nathaniel's here." Vanessa said and I saw a bruised up boy standing there in front of the door, Nathaniel Valle, what have yo done this time? 

"Okay, you must be Nathaniel Valle, please take a seat at the back table next to group 5 since there is no more table for you to settle in." Mr. Ortega said and Nathaniel lazily, with his head hanging low, walk to the back table next to my group. 

/Break Time/ 

I sat on a bench and ate my snicker bar, Nathaniel sat down next to me and begin wiping his eyes, is he crying?

"Nathan, you okay?" I ask and he nodded sniffing. "Hmm, you don't seem okay, want a hug?" I added and he nodded as I embrace him. I felt a wet spot on my shoulder and then it hits me like a big boulder that was thrown, Nathaniel was crying. 

He let go of me and wipe his eyes as more tears spattered out even more. 

"Nathaniel, what happened?" I ask worryingly and he wipe his tears away. 

"My grandma passed away." He said and I was speechless. 

His grandma was the only person who cared for him, unlike his mother and father who gambled all day making him suffer each day that he feel like he was suffocating. 

"And my dad beat me yesterday. Jenni...I wanna kill myself, why am I even living?" He said and my heart suddenly drop, I felt tears coming up. Hell to the no no no, I am not crying on the first day of school. 

"It's okay Nathan." I hug him tightly, "I know how you feel like when my grandma passed away too." I said and begin sobbing. 

Yep, I'm crying on my first of 6th grade, god, this is so embarrassing. This is the worst day of school ever.

~

Hey guys! It's me, just call me Jen or Jenni. 

I know, since this is my first book, my writing are kind of...not making any sense and is boring? 

Anyways, I still hope that you like this chapter, and please give a lot of vote and comment. 

BYE~~~