Variator

Prologue

                                                                            Marge

My heart was racing, my breath was knocked out, and my body had just realized that the pastries I’d been dining on for the past few years weren’t helping matters at all. I saw a flash of red, and thinking it was the uniform of the Reds, jumped. I started to run faster, the baby in my arms wailing as my heart rate increased. The train station finally came into view, and seeing as the guards were a fair way behind us, I let out a sigh of relief.

As I got closer, I saw that the station was deserted, the only exceptions being the last passengers boarding. By the time I reached it, the train had already begun to pick up speed. I had only one option left, and my chances of succeeding were extremely low. Neither the baby nor I would survive if I miscalculated, and yet, if I didn’t try, we would both be taken as prisoners or killed by the Reds. Saying my prayers, I made my decision. I hitched up my skirt, and judged the distance between the train and me. Adrenaline filled my aching limbs, and I hurriedly ran towards the train.

When the Reds realized what I was doing, they began to run faster. The head guard shouted and managed to grab the hem of my skirt, tearing more than half the bottom part of my evening gown. Losing my balance, I held the baby in one arm, and with the other, clung onto the side of the car. My feet were slipping, and the guard was less than an arm’s length away. I could hear the baby screaming in my ears and realized there was only one option left.

With one hand still on the rim of the car, I placed the baby down as softly as I could on a few bags of wheat. With any luck, the baby would be discovered when the workers started to unload the goods. Letting out a sigh of relief, I relaxed. Then, just as I had suspected, I felt a tugging sensation behind me and saw a blur of movement. The next thing I knew, everything went black, and the only thing I could see was the imprint of their red flag flashing before my eyes, the crooked x in a circle, forever etched in my brain . . .

Authors Note: Hi everybody! I was wondering if any of you could help me find a  better cover for my story. I know much information isn't out there about it yet, but if you read the description, the basics are there.

I was thinking that the cover should have her transforming into a wolf, kind of like the old Animorph books. If you decide to put Aria (Explanation in the description!) on the cover, I'd really appreciate it if you use a picture of Lucy Hale link shown at the side, or of a picture similar to that. Thanks so much!