It's Not a Goodbye

" Why aren't you being honest with me!" I yelled at Giovanni. "Why won't you just look me in my eye and say that you don't love me like I love you" I whispered but I knew he heard me. I saw the way his eye scrunched together in confusion.
" I do love you Saiyr. I love you more than I love myself and that's why I have to leave. Because if anything happens to you because of me, I don't think I could stay sane. " Giovanni said as he caresses my cheek.
" No! If you love me you would stay and protect me. I don't want a damn bodyguard I want you. What about that don't you get?" I explained to Gio as I walked toward the bed.
" Saiyr" he said softly grabbing my arm. " Sin please look at me. " he pleaded. I felt the tears stinging my eyes. I couldn't let him see that the walls I once had built up were tumbling down all because of him.
" I don't wanna say goodbye to you" I said to him softly. He had made a feel safe and whole again and I couldn't lose that. Hell I didn't want to lose him.
" Baby it's not a goodbye it's a see you later. You have my word that once I handle the bastards that hurt you and threaten your life. I will return to you. Baby I just want you safe. " Gio explained  resting his hands in my hips.
" How long will you be gone" I asked.
"Baby I wish I could give you a definite answer but I can't. I might be gone for days, weeks evens months." He answered with sorrow in his eyes.
"When do you leave?" I asked hoping it wasn't anytime soon. But the look on his face gave me the answer I needed. "You leave tomorrow don't you?" I asked looking down.
" Baby I doing this for your protection. I might not be here with you but I'm always watching you. " he said lifting my head up. " I love you Saiyr"he said as he placed a kiss on my lips.
"I love you too Gio can you stay and hold me tonight?" I asked. "You didn't have to ask Sin I'd do anything for you." He said looking me dead in the eyes. That night I felt safer then I ever felt. But I also knew that things wouldn't stay the same after he left.