Blood Never Lies 5

sorry this took so long and its on the short side.  i'll try to hurry up but i have finals coming up so bear (wrong word i know) with me! -.-

Chapter 5

            Kaine looked to the other pet, hoping he would talk now.  He was now sitting in a more relaxed position and he was looking at Kaine as well.  Kaine looked over his shoulder instead of looking him in the eye, it was a show of dominance and Kaine knew that he was never the more dominant one.

            The other pet smiled at him and held out his hand, “I’m Karen, what’s your name.”  He spoke in common but Kaine couldn’t answer that way.

            Kaine stared at his hand, where he was from most people didn’t shake hands, especially not his.  Karen’s hands were large and were covered in fur.  He was also missing his claws.  Kaine’s eyes grew large when he saw that, Karen had been declawed.

            Karen nodded when he saw where Kaine was looking, “I was captured five years ago and spent three days in port before Master Loraine bought me.  They declawed me the second day I was there.”  He spoke in a matter-of-fact voice without any real emotion behind the story.

            Kaine made a sympathetic sound and reached to shake Karen’s still extended hand.  “I’m Kaine” Kaine spoke in Kat because though he knew common he was horrible at speaking it.

            Karen nodded and smiled at him.  “You must be newly bought because I haven’t seen you around Master Eric’s house before.”  Karen spoke in Kat now and his voice now had emotion behind it, he sounded like a caring older brother should.

            Kaine nodded and said that he had only been bought by Eric the night before but that he hadn’t done anything yet get cleaned up sleep in his new room.  When he said that Karen winced and looked around the room, as if looking for someone.

            “Kaine, do you know why the rich buy pets?”  Kaine shook he head but coked his head in question.  “They buy pets partially to show off that they can afford us but the main reason is for sex.”

            Kaine blinked then scrunched his face partially in confusion and partially in fear.  Karen nodded and placed a soothing hand on Kaine shoulder.

            “Master Eric has always seemed like a nice and caring man I don’t think he will try and hurt you.”  When Kaine looked even more frightened and confused Karen quickly explained.  “Sometimes the masters become displeased with us and they will hurt us.”

            As he spoke he pulled his shirt partially out of the leggings he wore and turned his back toward Kaine.  He raised the shirt only enough for Kaine to see several scares crossing his back.  Some of them were old and completely healed but Kaine could see one that was fresh and still very red.

            He was even more frightened now.  Kaine’s brothers never said that pets were used as sex slaves.  Kaine didn’t want that.  He had never been in any sort of intimate situation, he hadn’t even kissed anyone.  Being with a man was scary as well but Kaine had always thought they were more appealing than women.

            Most Kats were bisexual so having a mate the same gender as yourself wasn’t all that odd for Kats.  There were some Kats though that hated the idea and were adamantly against any gay relationships.  Kaine’s older brothers fell into that category and if they knew that Kaine secretly liked men over women they would have beat him.

            Karen saw Kaine’s distress and quickly tried to sooth him.  “I haven’t ever seen Eric be unkind or raise a hand to anyone.  He even has tried to speak with me a few times, I’m sure he wouldn’t hurt you.  Even if he did he seems more like the type to only hit you if you misbehave.  So just listen to him and do what he wants.  I’m sure it won’t be that bad.’