Chapter Ten: Elf King and the Dungeons

The next morning, or what everyone thought it could be morning, woke up and continued their journey. Hardly anyone spoken, especially Olivia and Thorin, with Elsie who refused to allow Thorin go near her sister. Fili approached Elsie. "Elsie, Thorin wanted to apologize to her. Why don't you let him?" asked Fili. "Fili, you're uncle struck my sister. He hurt her. And you know I how feel about people hurting my sister!" snapped Elsie. "Elsie, he didn't mean to strike her!" protested Fili. "Fili what you would you do if Thorin struck Kili?" asked Elsie.  Quite not a very good example, but its to the point, Elsie thought. "I would.. Elsie, why do you have to make things so difficult? Thorin really loves Olivia. He wants to apologize to her, just let him apologize to her." said Fili. "What would you do if I don't?" snapped Elsie. "Then  I won't talk to you anymore." snarled Fili.  Ouch, that is some ultimatum. Elsie thought.  Elsie sighed. "Alright, I'll allow Thorin to apologize to her. But I better not catch him do that again." said Elsie.  "Someone needs to climb a tree and see how far this Forest goes." said Thorin. Which everyone knew what this 'somebody' meant. All eyes turned to Bilbo. "I'll climb up with him!" said Elsie. Bilbo smiled at Elsie.

And so the two of them climbed the tree. As they reached the top, Bilbo and Elsie smiled as they could breathe the fresh air. Elsie needed this. And Elsie and Bilbo could see many butterflies flying around them. Elsie had never seen such beautiful butterflies in her life, especially butterflies that HUGE. She seen many before in her time, but nothing like these butterflies.  "You like butterflies, Elsie?" asked Bilbo. "I love butterflies, Bilbo. In fact, look at my ankle." smiled Elsie. Bilbo looked at Elsie's ankle, and there he saw a tattoo of a monarch butterfly. "You have a tattoo? I didn't know that. Its very pretty!" smiled Bilbo. "Nobody in the company knows I have it.  I gotten it done when I turned 120." said Elsie. "How old are you now?" asked Bilbo. "Almost one hundred and forty." replied Elsie. "Look! There's the Lonely Mountain! We're getting closer! We should tell Thorin and the others!" exclaimed Bilbo, as he peered down below. "THORIN! We saw the Mountain! We're getting closer to the end of the Forest!" Bilbo called out to Thorin. But there was no reply. "Thorin? Are you down there?!" called out Bilbo again. "Bilbo I have a bad feeling something isn't right. He should've responded. Let's climb down." said Elsie. Bilbo nodded.

As they climbed down, Elsie panicked. She saw that Thorin and the others are not there. "Where did they go?!  Where did they all go?!" shrieked Elsie. "Don't panic, Elsie. They should be around here somewhere." said Bilbo gently.  Suddenly, they heard clicking noises from behind them. Elsie slowly turned, and saw several large spiders approaching them. Elsie screamed. Of all things, Elsie hated spiders now matter the size they are. "SPIDERS!! EWW!" shrieked Elsie. "Stay behind me, Elsie! I'll get em!" said Bilbo, firmly.  "You are a brave little soul, Bilbo." smiled Elsie. Bilbo smiled back at Elsie.  As Bilbo and Elsie fought off the spiders, she could hear yelling and cries. One of the cries sounded like Olivia.   "OLIVIA?!" cried out Elsie, and she bolted away from Bilbo. "Elsie, where are you going?!" called out Bilbo. "Olivia and the others are in trouble, Bilbo! We must go find them, quick!" Elsie replied. Bilbo nodded and he followed Olivia. 

They shortly found Thorin, Olivia and the others trapped in spider webs that had spun around them. "Get me out of here, this is gross!" cried out Olivia, who equaled with her sister of her hatred towards spiders.  Elsie took her sword, releasing her sister from the web. "Of all things we have to face--goblins and orcs, which I don't mind! What I do mine is these disgusting stupid ugly ass spiders!" snapped Olivia. "Calm down, Olivia. We got you out of this." said Elsie.  Bilbo released Thorin and the others from the webs. Thorin approached Elsie and Olivia. "Are you two okay?" asked Thorin. "We're fine, Thorin. Thank you." said Olivia. Thorin looked at Olivia. "Olivia.." began Thorin apologetically. "No time to chat now! There's more spiders!" exclaimed Dwalin, as several more spiders approach them, but then, the spiders fell, being struck by arrows. Everyone turned, and saw two elves approach them.  It was Legolas, son of Thranduil, and Captain of the Guard, Tauriel.