Do you find it awkward to kiss sitting down?

Thanks for the reads<3 

“Go on! What was it like? I mean I’m no stranger to snogging” 

“Yeah, one person!” I spat 

“One person more than you that is!” Ron snarled back. 

“I’ve snogged someone!” I insisted “Well, it was more like someone was super gluing there lips to mine until I suffocated.” I shuddered at the memory. 

“What?” 

“It was…under the mistletoe. Just go back to gossiping…” I muttered darkly. Ron eyed me suspiciously but leaned over the table eagerly again, for once he was more interested in socialising than stuffing his face at dinner, and began to question Harry. 

“Who made the first move you or her?” 

It was dinner and after Harry had dropped off Cho, he had rushed back to where me, Hermione and Ron were waiting. We had been seated for about 20 minutes during which Ron, who was sitting next to me, had been begging Harry for details. Hermione hadn’t said much but I could tell she was interested from the way her eyes were shining as they landed on Harry then Ron, then Harry then Ron as they talked. But she was keeping quite for me. I much appreciated it. Instead of becoming mopey and miserable I had just become incredibly grumpy -making snide remarks here and sarcastic comments there. And then there was just the general snarling which I’d taken to. I realised, with a jump that nearly caused me to spill my juice all over the tablecloth, that I was turning into a younger version of Snape. 

“Um...I don’t know. She just sort of appeared behind me and it happened. It was…good.” Harry said, crinkling his nose up as he said it out loud. 

“Excellent, mate!” Ron applauded him, grinning from ear to ear. I, who had no idea how on earth that was excellent, just continued pushing my untouched food around my plate. The hall was quite quiet now, with only the Hogsmeade people and us still eating, catching a late dinner. This made it especially easy to notice Dean who had skulked behind Seamus’s back on his way to sit down and then proceeded to sit as far away from me possible. Was it just me or was he avoiding me? 

There was one good thing that had come out of this,  I thought while Ron asked Harry what he did with his hands while kissing, as he’d always found it awkward to decide, at least there would be no more misery. No more worrying about Harry not liking me…no more carrying a hopeless to desire to be with him – I decided it was impossible and so had given up on him…no more worrying about Dean – the liar…or about possibly fancying Dean – as if?!

No now I could just relax and…growl at everyone I supposed. Good stuff…

I tuned back into what Ron was saying, hoping that they’d changed the subject. 

“…Because sometimes there hair’s just so long,” Ron was telling Harry, while Hermione sniggered “and you can get caught up in it. Like the other night, my watch got tangled in Padma’s hair…Took us ages to get untangled.” 

Oh My God. I didn’t know how much more of this I could take. I looked up to see Dean practically sprint down the hall to get away from me. He obviously hadn’t told Seamus about the whole ordeal as he was staring after Dean like he had just gone mad. 

“Well, you could like put your hands on her waist,” Harry answered Ron, curving his hands in mid air, as though he was actually holding on to an invisible waist “which avoids the whole hair problem altogether.” He finished matter of factly. Out of the corner of my eyes I saw Hermione laughing into her napkin.