Cinis Mortuorum

HEY EVERYONE

I think I once again must apologise for starting yet again another story but this one was just begging to be let free.

Nita 

Xxx

* I cannot spell so please don’t hold it against me.

Glossary:

The Old World: Life before the Virus.

The New World: life after the Virus.

The Guild: Is where The Order and important politicians live.

The Regions: Countries based on profession there are hundreds of them. The size depending on what the profession requires of them. They are written in roman numerals.

 For example Region VII where Kyra used to live is near the sea because it’s where Marine Biologists live and study.

The Institution: There is an Institution in every Region. When a child is 6 years old they are assigned a profession linked to there abilities. When they are 14 they leave there Region to go study further. Unless a child’s profession is the same as his/her parents or the region they move to is close it’s most likely they never see each other again.

The Marriage Law: when you reach the age of 16 you are assigned a husband/wife and are expected to marry by the age of 20 this is done so that the next generation is healthy and genetically perfect.

The Child Law: couples are only allowed one child with the exception of multiple births. Unmarried couples may not have children.

The Virus (LB-6): a killer virus that was unleashed in 2013 killing everyone but a select few who were immune.

Prologue

The Journals of Professor Evangeline Grosser

16th of April 2013

The population is increasing, rapidly. In a few years we will loose all resources. There will be no food, no water, no heat and pure and utter chaos. We all knew the day would come, when there would be just too many of us, that our world just wouldn’t be able to cope. We must go on and we must prevail, by any means necessary so it is with great regret that I unleash this horror, my masterpiece.

Do not dare to suggest that I have not tried to come up with other solutions. We found the cure to cancer years ago but kept it hushed up in the hope that we will reduce the population, but so far nothing and the population continued to rise.

The earth is already feeling the strain of the damage inflicted on it, as a result we have global warming, numerous volcanic eruptions, tsunamis, hurricanes, tornados and earthquakes.

So I must do what I feel is best and though few will escape it I believe it is in our best interests that those who do survive are only the best of the best. The rest will regrettably not be spared. And from the ashes of a dying world a new civilisation will be reborn...