She is the Post-it Note Girl- Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Theme of the Day: Fate

Christopher

*

"Honey, eat your veggies, they're good for you." My mother said in a stern voice, popping another peice of broccoli into her mouth. I pushed my broccoli around my plate, looking at it in disgust. I hate vegatables, especially broccoli. My mom knows that. 

Not that she'd care. With her being a doctor, it's always about eating healthy and whatnot. It annoys me that she trys to care but really, she doesn't. She spends her life at the hospital, not bothering to come home until 3am and leaving at 6am. Then my dad, being a priest, is either in his office getting ready for his church speeches or at the church. I barely ever see them except on 'family night' which is tonight. 

Family night is a night where my parent's try and 'bond' with me through a dinner together and board game/movie afterwards. But all it really ends up being is mom looking at her pager and Blackberry the whole night and dad writing something down in his notepad. It was sad.

"Whatever."  I got up and started to leave the room. 

"Christopher! Where are you going?!" My mother screeched at me. I waved her away and went upstairs to my room. This afternoon jumbled my brain. Why was she at Sadie's grave? How did she know her? This baffled me. 

I didn't hear any slams or thumps so I figured my parents just decided to leave me alone and go off to their stupid works. 

How I'm going to do this stupid essay is beyond me. I know Confidicence is the Post it note girl, but how I get the facts and the backstory, is going to be hard. I mean, she ran away from me today. Me! 

I sighed, I might as well give up. I doubt she's going to call.

But at that moment, my phone buzzed in my pockets. I got a text. Probably Luna or something calling to go out. But it was actually an unknown number.

Hicould we meet somewhere?

I knew it was her, don't ask me how, but it was a feeling. This could be my chance to get close to her..

Yeah, King Park?

King Park is this childrens park in the middle of town. And no matter where you live, it's only a mile or two bike ride. That's the beauty of a small town. Confidence didn't reply so I assumed she was okay with it. 

The only problem would be if my mom came up here and didn't see me. She would kill me if I left at 10pm at night..but she wanted me to pass English, so this is what I have to do. 

I put on my leather jacket and opened my window, feeling the April breeze swishing through my hair as I started climbing down the vines that were against our house. As soon as I got close to the ground, I hopped down and sprinted for my bike.

*

 I parked my bike on the grass and walked over to an empty bench. She wasn't here yet. I took out my phone and looked at the time,

10:23pm

The park was glowing in the light of the streetlamps, but it was also covered in darkness. You couldn't see the swings nor the jungle gym. You could see the slides and a giant backboard for dodgeball. I also  spotted a few hobos but I knew they wouldn't disturb me. 

It was really peaceful at night. No squealing kids or scolding parents but not just that. This is where I used to take Sadie when she was very little. She'd go from swings to slides then to the jungle gym. She would never go near the backboards and the dodge ball games, claiming it was too unpredictable. I'm still not sure what she meant but she seemed pretty serious. She always was very mature.

God, I miss her.

"Whatcha thinkin' about?" A voice peeped up behind me, making me jump in startlement. I turned around to find Confidence, her green eyes wide in innocence. I took a breath of relief, trying to settle my beating heart. There was a awkwardness in the air as we both avoided eye contact, me pursing out my lips and her kicking the ground.

"Jeez, you can't sneak up on a brotha like that." I shook my head, breathing a laugh, trying to break the  strang silence. She looked me in the eye, raising her right eyebrow in confusion. 

"Brotha? Really?" A smile spead across her lips, so small I thought it was a twitch at first. I shrugged nonchantly. I was glad it was pretty dark out because my face heated up due to her sarcastic insult. I wasn't really used to those kind of comments from girls...

It started to awkward again so I brought up the obvious question. "So why did you want to meet me here?" I watched her expression carefully, trying to read her face. Her brown hair looking like it was black in the darkness and her green eyes held so much turmoil that if i didn't know her, I would have believed she was older than what she was. She was also very good at hiding her emotions and face change. 

But I caught a change. She licked her lips, a movement that shouldn't have meant much but it told me everything. She was nervous, whether it was me or she was just nervous in general, i had no idea. She took a deep breath.

"I took care of your sister..before she died.." She trailed off, biting her lip. She walked around the bench and hesitantly took a seat next to me, with lots of space though. My mind was trying to wrap around this new fact. It actually made sense and connected some loose ends. That's why she was at Sadie's grave and thats who Sadie was always gushing about.

"Wow...I knew she got close to someone before she died..but I didn't know it was you." I said with awe in my voice. It all made perfect sense. And this was the break I had wanted. 

A connection to Confidence, to expose her for my project.

Perfect.

*

We spend a half hour talking and laughing sharing stories of my silly little sister. "So one time I came in and the entire room was littered with glitter and sparkles! I asked her what happened and she simply said, it wasn't me, Luna bear did it!" Confidence told me the story with so much animation, I could picture it. She then started busting up laughing, making me laugh too. I never thought someone as quiet and reserved as her could be such a funny person. I started noticing little things about her that i never noticed before.

The way her green eyes sparkled when she talked about Sadie, the crinkles at the edges of her eyes from laughing or smiling, her pefect white smile. It was really strange to actually have a real conversation with someone other than sports or girls or what type of drugs they did that weekend. It was refreshing.

When she said she had to go, I found myself wishing she could stay longer. Confidence got up and walked over to her bike, getting on but not leaving.

"Well, this was fun. I'm glad you met me out here." She said, smiling at me again. I smiled back and nodded. "I'm glad too. I love hearing stories about Sadie...I miss her tons. My parents don't talk about her really..so it's nice to actually have a conversation where it's okay to discuss her." I took a deep breath, realizign I might have said too much.

But Confidence did something that surprised me, she grabbed my hand. "I know you feel, trust me. But  I have so many more stories, so if you ever wanna talk..I'm here." She smiled warmly, no pity or sympathy, just understanding. 

When she finally left, I sat back down and put my head in my hands. Oh my oh my, this girl was not what i expected. She was kind and sweet, she's everything Sadie said she was. And something Sadie always told me kept screaming over and over again in my mind.

"She's perfect for you."

Copyright 2013©Lovesoreel

Heyoo. Well, im back. shit went down and yeah. just personal stuff. but im hoping to start writing again. well...enjoy!

Comment? :)

Vote? :)

Fan? :)