Chapter Eighteen

Damien's Point of view 

By the time lunch rolled around Noah confessed he had to go home or else everyone would start worrying about him. So being the awesome boyfriend- it feels awesome to call myself that- I am, I walk him back home, kiss him quickly and leave. I'm hoping my mom had enough time to calm down, I'm really not in the mood to be yelled at. 

"Mom, I'm home!" I call, waling into the house. Getting no anwser I shrug it off and walk down to my room. Before even flipping on the lights I knew I wasn't alone. "Hello?" I call into the darkness. 

"Hello there Damien," the voice chuckles. "Miss me?"

I smirk. "Oh yes." Without turning on the lights I make my way to my bed an flop down on it. "Why didn't you come sooner?" I ask hugging Colby tightly. "I was beginning to think that Alex guy stole my best friend." 

"No one could steal me away!" Colby tells me, hugging back. After a second he pulls away and grins slyly. "But I do want you and Alex to get to know each other better."

I sigh. "Fine, I will." I don't really want to, nothing against Alex, I'm really just fine with the friends I have now. All two of them. 

"Yay! Now get ready we're going to meet him at some food place." Colby pushes me off my bed. "Go shower! You smell like lawn!" 

Rolling my eyes, I flip him the bird and head upstairs to the bathroom. I have a feeling tonight isn't going to be much fun...

"So Leo says your his best friend." Alex says studying me.

I hate how he calls him Leo. His name is Colby, and as weird as the name is, I just like it so much better. 

"Yeah," I answer boredly. The place Alex had picked was too fancy for my liking. I'd much happier with a microwave pizza and some two liter of coke. 

 A sudden kick to my foot sends me searching for my attacker. I meet eyes with Colby and notice how pissed he looks. He mouths something to me. However I've never been a good lip reading, so I just smile sheepishly. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the fact I'm not being too friendly to Alex. Eh, he'll get over it. 

I poke my mash potatoes with my fork and sigh. I wish Noah was here. He'd make this fun. I bet he could make anything fun. Well I honestly just love being with him. I'm already missing his cute little smile, and having him hit me because I did something he didn't approve of. So cute~

"So Alex you're in college now..." Yeah, he's old. An old man who enjoys being with small venerable boys. Lovely.

"Yeah, I'm so happy I get to go to school close to Leo. I missed him so much." There he goes, calling Colby 'Leo' again. Sigh. I'll never get used to that.

"And I'm so happy I get to see you again." Colby smiles and kisses Alex's cheek. 

Okay so I may not like him that much but if this Alex guy makes Colby happy then he's fine with me. I just know how hurt Colby was when he first moved here. Honestly Alex seems like a pretty okay guy. He's a little too preppy for my emo, but he's alright. I have a feeling he's a lot more energetic than he's showing, I really wish he'd just relax and be himself. Stuck up people are so...blah. 

"Yeah, yeah." I smile rolling my eyes. "You two love birds are 'so happy'. Now how about we bust this joint and go have real fun?" 

Noah's point of view

"Who was that guy?" John says shakily with tears in his eyes. 

"Why are you crying?" I ask feeling concerned. I place a consoling hand on his shoulder and look into his almost black eyes. He looks so innocent, especially when he cries. Is it wrong that I find him rather beautiful when crying? I mean unlike most people his face doesn't get all red, his eyes don't get puffy. He just stands there with skin as white as snow, as little crystals stream down his cheeks. 

"I thought something happened to you!" He hugs me tightly. "You're the closest thing I have to family. You can't leave me."   

Slightly shocked from how tight he was hugging me, I'm hesitant to hug back. "I-I'm fine. I won't leave you." I softly whisper. I've never gotten to experience a family life but as I hug John I realize this is what a family is all about. Being there for one another. 

"You never answered my question." John says, sitting on his bed. He pats the spot next to him and I sit. "Who was that guy kissing you?"

I feel a slight blush come to my cheeks. This isn't the way I wanted him to find out but I guess it's now or never. "That's Damien," I mumble softly. "He's my uh, boyfriend." I slowly look over to see John's expression. I wish I had'nt.   

"You can't even go a few months without dating someone else?!" John stands up and glares at me. "You don't have enough respect for Sam to wait at least half a year! You loved him Noah, now he means nothing?"   

"Sam will never be nothing," I hiss. "Sam meant the world to me. Don't you dare accuse me of not having respect for him." I stand up and look down at him.  

"I'll say whatever the hell I want!" He yells. "You can't control me!"   

"Shut up!" I scream at him. "You, you of all people! I thought you'd be happy that I'm finally okay again! You're the only person here who actually cares that I was gone all night. I thought you'd love to know someone is making me happy again."  

John freezes and for a second I feel as if he's going to apologize. "You at least could have picked someone worth your time. I can already tell he's just some player."  

John was going to say more but I cut him off. "Oh yeah because you know him so well. Was it his clothes John? Because I'm pretty sure everyone has a pair of jeans and a tee shirt. How the fuck would you know if he's bad or not?" I can't remember the last time I was this angry. I just can't believe John would act like that! I thought he'd be happy for me...  

"Whatever." John grumbles, not making eye contact. "But when he breaks your heart, I'll still be here for you. Trying my hardest to make it better."    

Before I can respond John frowns and walks out of our room. "I can't believe it." I say to myself. "John...likes...me?" I'm not entirely sure but the way he said it, it seemed like there was a hidden message behind it. If you think about it he did seem pretty jealous. But why me? Why on earth would John like me? I've been so horrible to him.   

Oh god what do I do?   

Okay so that was chapter 18, I'm sorry it took forever to put it up...I've actually been busy. The only reason I'm adding this little comment is it tell you guys that my new story is up...It really needs some reads...So over to the side I'll put the link. I'd really love it if you'd go check it out!! 
- Sky